Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a safety first stroller?

How do you like it? Is it good quality? Does it seem to hold a long torso child well?

I am thinking about getting this travel system for my newbie and wanted to know if it would fill the gaps in my current stroller. I wanted to find one in person but I can't find one near me yet.

Any review would be helpful. I can't find anything online about the stroller, just about the carseat.

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have/had a safety first stroller. I would still be using it with my 3 year old ds if my dh wouldn't have left it on our porch during a storm one night. I liked the way my son fit in it when he was younger. It was easy to push, turn, open and close. The only complaint I have about it was once he got older he could almost get out of it because it only had a lap belt and not a harness system.
anrmom21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have a safety first stroller?

For that price I'd look for something else. That sunshade would be enough to drive me crazy & with the 'cheap' plastic wheels/connectors I'd expect a rough push or squeaking after hard use.

I have had a lot of strollers. I have a first years via system - forget the name of the stroller, it hasn't been as bad as my evenflo one but would not put up to daily abuse. Depends how much you use a stroller & wear. (Mine is a lot of walking through snow/rough terrain in a Canadian winter so I gave up and got a bob on sale & the other end is traveling/shopping in a very large city a couple of hours away so I needed compact...good sunshades on BOTH so that one is a baby jogger city micro -50$). Both can get attachments for carseats.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

DP

Last edited by moonlightblonde; 03-08-2013 at 07:11 AM.
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not wanting anything too expensive. I have a $750 Peg Perego pram. I need to get it fixed as it broke with a child under the weight limit , but I plan on getting it fixed. This stroller would only be for the carseat, and if I had a napper that was over 40 lbs and we went into the city or something (NYC).
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I am not wanting anything too expensive. I have a $750 Peg Perego pram. I need to get it fixed as it broke with a child under the weight limit , but I plan on getting it fixed. This stroller would only be for the carseat, and if I had a napper that was over 40 lbs and we went into the city or something (NYC).
I do really like this one http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004K1EOX4/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20 but I'd get it cheaper, we got it for 130$ in Canada.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have the brown/blue version of the safety first stroller - mostly I would say it's pretty good, although my 2 year old has ripped some of the piping off. The back wheels are wider than the front, so sometimes they get caught on stuff if you're not paying attention. It is not 1-hand fold/unfold, you need 2 hands to do/undo the latch that holds it together and it take a little while to learn how to not pinch your fingers. But I do like the carseat, it's a little long, which we needed b/c our kids are tall, but it makes it a little hard to fit into smaller cars.

Overall I like it, but those are my negatives, lol
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

For that price I'd get the car seat and a used city mini or b agile. Honestly you will never know what you're missing until you use one. I will never go back to a travel system type stroller.

Oh and you can use britax stroller straps instead of buying the adapter.

Last edited by jaelynsmommy61607; 03-10-2013 at 12:19 AM.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
How do you like it? Is it good quality? Does it seem to hold a long torso child well?

I am thinking about getting this travel system for my newbie and wanted to know if it would fill the gaps in my current stroller. I wanted to find one in person but I can't find one near me yet.

Any review would be helpful. I can't find anything online about the stroller, just about the carseat.
I am not much help since I haven't used it personally, but it looks like a great stroller. The frame looks like it's aluminum and would be light-weight. The canopy looks like a nice size - same with the basket! Its nice it comes with a tray, too. My only concern would be how it steers... My experience with any stroller with 2 double wheels in the front is that they are not as agile but without trying it, it's hard to say for sure. I think the price is pretty great.

I got a Chicco liteway and left the carseat in the car. It's kind of a deluxe umbrella stroller with the key bonus feature that it reclines nearly flat, making it perfect for infants. I would take DS out of the carseat and lay him in the reclined stroller. It was great to have a place for diaper changes, too. And the whole thing folded up so compact! I loved the easy maneuverability of the 2 single swivel front wheels. It is more narrow than most strollers so it was easy to get around in stores or crowded places. I've taken it everywhere (DC, NYC, the zoo, mall, outdoor flea markets with dirt & gravel roads) and its been fantastic! I was thrilled to see Chicco just put out the Liteway Plus, that can attach a Chicco infant carseat to it! Another option, if you're looking for something compact with a carseat. I thought I'd just throw it out there.

I hope you find more reviews on that stroller because it looks pretty good, IMO.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone!

I will not go to Chicco because I had a stroller by them collapse on a child when the child was in it. That happened 11 years ago, but honestly I was not happy at the time and will never deal with that again!

I tried to go to Bye, Bye Baby this weekend to look at our options (hoping that they would have this stroller in stock, or one like it) but I think the one near me, just moved or something. We would have went to the next closest one, but DH had a lot to do at home yesterday so we couldn't. Maybe next weekend. I need DH there because honestly if he isn't, then I am still going to be wondering about this or that. You know how it goes.