Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
wellsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Anyone elses toddlers....

taken on crying as a new hobby lately???? I am about to go crazy!!! I'm 37 weeks so I figure it's that they feel that the new baby is coming soon but I have never had so much crying going on in my house. They are just turned 3 and 21 months. My littlest is having total meltdowns if he thinks I am leaving and my 3 year old thinks he has to cry LOUDLY about everything!!!

Advertisement

wellsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Whininess and baby talk over here. My 3.5yo is actually doing great, but my 2.5yo is acting out, whining, making baby sounds, extremely clingy, etc. He has been for months, but it is getting worse the closer we get.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Since baby my 3 year old has been acting out whining and screams for me every time he's mad or upset

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Mommy2GP&AR
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone elses toddlers....

Just delivered #2 last week, and the 2 yo has been crying over *everything* and throwing wild temper tantrums (completely unlike her). It all started a few weeks before we delivered & I thought I'd go bonkers then. Now we're dealing with the same thing, only going on much less sleep! Good luck!!
Mommy2GP&AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yup! between excessive whining, intentional potty accidents and "accidentally" playing rough by newborn DD, 2.5 year old DS LIVES on his naughty mat nowadays! Praying it gets better for all of us!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay so I thought it was just mine. Thank goodness its everybody's! (sorry guys) Mine has decided that daddy is the devil and that only mommy can do everything and he has to sit ON mommy all the time.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmommy View Post
taken on crying as a new hobby lately???? I am about to go crazy!!! I'm 37 weeks so I figure it's that they feel that the new baby is coming soon but I have never had so much crying going on in my house. They are just turned 3 and 21 months. My littlest is having total meltdowns if he thinks I am leaving and my 3 year old thinks he has to cry LOUDLY about everything!!!
Thank you for this! My 17 mo just cries ALL DAY LONG now that our new little one is here.... he isn't happy unless he has cookies or a sucker. I am at my wits end with him! Deep breathing.....
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

YES! One of my twins is going BONKERS lately. I think she knows something is up.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My 6 y/o acted out pretty badly starting in January. She's SIX. I was really irritable and short on patience and I think that only made it worse. Plus we have identical personalities. She's literally like my clone. That didn't help either... OH, and someone taught her to roll her eyes...

Anyway, she got MUCH better about 2 weeks before I delivered, and now that the baby is here, she's back to her typical self. She has her days/moments. But for the most part, she is very helpful, always looking for things to do to help, "Can I get you a diaper for the baby?" "Mommy, the baby is fussing, do you want me to put his paci back in?" "Mommy, I brought you your shoes!" "Here Mommy, I'll get that so you don't have to bend over!" "Are you thirsty? I brought you some water." .... It gets annoying sometimes b/c she's kind of smothering... always on my lap or in my face or under my feet... But I try to remind myself that she is doing things out of a kind heart, truly trying to be helpful. I appreciate her so much.

My 4 y/o DS adores the baby and is not acting out at all, either. In fact, he's more obedient than ever. I ask him to do something and he jumps up and immediately does it. I don't think he's had to be disciplined at all for the past month almost!!!

My 2 y/o DD on the other hand, seems to have taken all the jealousy issues of 3 children and combined them into herself. She is angry, whiny, throwing things... she follows me room to room crying and whining... I ask her what's wrong and she drops to the floor crying. I pick her up and try to soothe her, she screams to get down. I ask if she's hungry, she says yes, I hand her a snack, she says "NO" and throws it.... She's hitting her older siblings, taking their toys, knocking over their block towers and then running away, refusing bedtime (when before she never had any issues with it), suddenly hates baths....

It's pretty different for each kid I think. Unfortunately, for my 2 y/o it's harder b/c I can't let her hold him much b/c she is still too immature to understand that you can't touch his eyeballs, you can't jerk his hands around, etc. yet she's mature enough to know that this is an exciting event and a big deal. So I think she is feeling left out. I just try to spend a little bit of alone time with her when I can, I talk to her as much as possible, snuggle her when she will let me, and then just be as patient and understanding as possible when she's having a rough day.

...we'll get there.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My almost 3yr old is acting out toward me only lately. He has been mean and angry with me for a couple of weeks but today it was really bad. He's never been whiny but now he is whining over everything! Its exhausting but I tend to give him a lot of leeway being that a lot has changed in the last 8 months- no paci, out of our bed, potty training, ect..

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote