Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Daily chat June 05-16

Just thought I would start a thread for daily chat stuff and to get to know each other better.

I told my parents today! My dad first and then we told my mom together. My dad is in hospice awaiting his journey to heaven. He has cancer in the lung, some bones and now his brain. He has a couple weeks left. We are very sad but some good news of new life is just what we need. He was very happy, they both were but I did hold back tears and took a gulp when he told my mom that they were going to be grandparents again. when I told him, I cried and said I wished he could be there and of course he said it would all be okay. I believe he'll sense the celebration in heaven and be able to look down. My dad and I are extremely close and this is heartbreaking for me and our family. I'm sooo glad I told them though, now he can celebrate with us for all the time he has left.
We'll tell my in laws on Father's Day and my siblings sooner than that. I've also told two close girlfriends. I love sharing this news

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily chat June 05-16

Jill - sweetie I am so sorry this is such a bittersweet time for you. I know it has to be crushing to watch your father go through this and I am glad for your faith. I am praying the time you have left with your father is a joy and a blessing and one that can carry you through this pregnancy with comfort and peace. What a blessing to be able to share your news. I hope you are feeling well and are getting lots of support and comfort from your family. (((HUGS)))

As for me, well, just living life. Feeling pretty at peace with this pregnancy and trusting that if we are meant to raise this little one it will happen. Symptom wise, really not much to report, moments of dizziness, very, very slight nausea throughout the day, fatigue hits in the afternoon but not too overwhelming and not everyday and peeing at around 5 am every morning.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jill, I'm so glad you got to share the news with your dad. I hope his time with you is peaceful.

Nothing much to report here. For this pregnancy, I really want to keep my weight gain in the normal range, and maybe not gain anything for a while?!? Pretty please? We went on vacation for a week in May and ate like there was no tomorrow, so that hasn't helped me feel svelte.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
CelebrateLife
Registered Users

Anyone have a prenatal yoga video they could recommend? I want to get back in to doing yoga, but it's not offered anywhere in my area.
CelebrateLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
crunch!910
Registered Users

Jill, I'm so sorry that he won't be able to be here on this earth when new loved one arrives. He'll surely be watching and smiling from above. I am so glad you were able to share the news with him.

I also told my mother. Ugh. Not sure why, other than if I intentionally kept it from her, it'd make me feel bad. It just feels like "LYING" by not telling those that are close to me. Her response? "HAHAHA, you are going to have such a hard time!" Thanks mom, as if I weren't worried enough about only a 22 month age gap. Eh, its just how she is. It doesn't bother me that much, as I've learned to let her comments just brush right off.

So, my twin sister and mom knows so far, as well as two close friends and a local facebook crunchy group of people I don't really know in real life (even if they are "Local") HA. And they only know because I asked about morning sickness remedies/magnesium. But everyone else, coworkers, facebook, even some friends who I used to consider close to me, don't and won't know. My coworkers will be the next to know, as soon as I start throwing up. I'm actually going to flat out lie to them. I'm a terrible liar. I'm not sure if I will actually be able to go through with my intentions. I plan to act like I never knew I was pregnant. Act like I don't know why I'm throwing up/feeling nauseous, and the very next day telling them I found out I was pregnant. :S Again, it feels like I'm "Lying" to them already by not telling them, and I don't want them to know I've known for such a long time and didn't tell them?? Am I crazy for thinking this way! And am I a terrible person for planning on lying? I know they won't be supportive of this pregnancy (they seemed to really be encouraging me to get tubes tied or DH to get snipped when I'd talk about how we were talking about possibly doing that) and it honestly feels more uncomfortable to tell them I've known for weeks without telling them, than to just lie and say I didn't know. I've always told early with my other two pregnancies.

I actually intend to keep it off facebook until after November and I've passed the halfway mark. Even then, it won't be a big announcement, I just might be more apt to mention a new baby or people might see pictures of me with the kids and start to wonder.

Been working out a lot still. Plan on doing a 5k tomorrow. I hope this time around I'm able to truly stay active, but we'll see with the vomiting. I'll probably get that Summer Sander's workout DVD???? My belly might be expanding, but I hope I can SHRINK my arms and legs in the summer months. I've heard early pregnancy is actually a very easy time to lose weight??? Even if I don't lose, I can already tell I'm toning in the last 3 weeks I've actually been keeping to regularly exercising. Go figure, the time I start and intend to stick on it and do so for weeks, is when I find out I'm pregnant.

Last edited by crunch!910; 06-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

crunch - I've done the 22 month gap twice and it's not so bad!!! This time around we will have a 29 month gap, I'm excited to see how that goes.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi all. So have been a little bummed the last day or two. I have basically no symptoms. I don't feel pregnant. This is our 5th BFP in 7 months. I am not cramping or bleeding which is wonderful but unless I am missing some crazy symptom, there aren't any. I know it is early but I keep reading all the ladies talk about the intense fatigue and sore boobs and just wish I would have something. Hoping that it comes soon, whatever it is!

Hope all you ladies are well and enjoying your miracles.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5
Hi all. So have been a little bummed the last day or two. I have basically no symptoms. I don't feel pregnant. This is our 5th BFP in 7 months. I am not cramping or bleeding which is wonderful but unless I am missing some crazy symptom, there aren't any. I know it is early but I keep reading all the ladies talk about the intense fatigue and sore boobs and just wish I would have something. Hoping that it comes soon, whatever it is!

Hope all you ladies are well and enjoying your miracles.
Don't worry right now if you can't feel symptoms! It doesn't mean anything at this point, so early. I only have heartburn and some tiredness so far...
Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have any symptoms, either, except some insomnia and grouchiness. I think it's just a matter of time. Just wait--it may hit you with a vengeance soon.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jill, I'm so sorry about your dad, but happy that you're able to spend this time with him.

Crunch, I haven't caught your first name yet I'm sorry that your news wasn't well received, I think that it's totally your decision how/what/when to tell ppl, but if it doesn't sit right with you, maybe re-evaluate your plan.

AFM, my sister, brother and dad visited this weekend. DS1 and DD had a dance recital, and we celebrated DS2's first birthday. We told my sis, who is expecting in August, and my brother, but we're holding off on announcing to anyone else for awhile. I'm still puky, but I have to admit that I panic a little when I feel good for too long lol.
Hope everyone is having a happy Monday