Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
90924teeth
Registered Users
seller

Dirty public restrooms

I am getting ready to potty train my 2 1/2 year old and I'm wondering what other moms do in public restrooms. I think they're gross. . I'm usually a squatter and slide the lock with my elbow and avoid touching anything there at all costs so I'm dreading when I have to take him to the potty and he's going to have his hands all over the toilet seat.

Advertisement

90924teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dirty public restrooms

I dont have any issues with public restrooms. We use them and wash our hands after.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I hold my son over the potty - we call it the airplane... I have no idea what to do with dd
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
I dont have any issues with public restrooms. We use them and wash our hands after.
This.

I'd break my back if I had to hold my 2 year old DS and 3 year old DD over a toilet. I help them on and off, trying to get them to touch as little as possible. We wash well afterwards

I try not to use them, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The3LittleBerkhs

This.

I'd break my back if I had to hold my 2 year old DS and 3 year old DD over a toilet. I help them on and off, trying to get them to touch as little as possible. We wash well afterwards

I try not to use them, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
It's tough... You should have seen me holding my 5 yr old ds in the air with my 2 yr old dd on my back in the ergo while pregnant... I'm sure it was comical
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What kind of car do you drive?

I used a potlette (spelling?) with my son in our minivan. WORKED perfectly! I even kept the bags in the van, and one day when we were down in Florida, DS needed to go, and I had forgot the potlette at my moms house. So I took out one of the bags, used a turned over tissue box and covered the bag with the bag and made a pouch in the back. WORKED perfectly! DS went poo and we had no dirty restrooms to deal with! He only needed it for about a year, now I make sure he goes before we go anywhere and he is normally good, except for at church and those restrooms are clean.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
90924teeth
Registered Users
seller

I was thinking of getting a potty for the car!
90924teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
What kind of car do you drive?

I used a potlette (spelling?) with my son in our minivan. WORKED perfectly! I even kept the bags in the van, and one day when we were down in Florida, DS needed to go, and I had forgot the potlette at my moms house. So I took out one of the bags, used a turned over tissue box and covered the bag with the bag and made a pouch in the back. WORKED perfectly! DS went poo and we had no dirty restrooms to deal with! He only needed it for about a year, now I make sure he goes before we go anywhere and he is normally good, except for at church and those restrooms are clean.
I kept a potty in the car with plastic bags and super absorbent feminine pads for tinkle. This works really well until they are old enough and big enough to not touch all over the public toilets.
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When. Dd was pt we kept a potty in the car for "emergencies" and if we did have to use a public toilet I would lift her and put her on the potty and then hold her hands the entire time to make sure she doesn't touch anything. We still do that routine to this day
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryInPinedale

I kept a potty in the car with plastic bags and super absorbent feminine pads for tinkle. This works really well until they are old enough and big enough to not touch all over the public toilets.
Loving the pads idea! Genius!