Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #11
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: FREE Reusable grocery and produce bags Giveaway on Youtube

Hi MamaJules,

I'm happy with my cloth menstrual pads. I've found some trim and absorbent ones. I don't think a diva cup and I would ever mesh for several reasons. Although recycling is rare here, I hear there are some people who save certain items to take to the dump 2-3x a year. However, that simply isn't an option for me. There is one pick up service, but it's really not affordable. In fact I've never met anyone who uses it except for one family that lives in a wealthy subdivision. So for now I'll just pick my battles. Good thoughts on cloth not being all or nothing.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
awesome blossom. I love my reusable bags, I just did a review of Colby Creations bags
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Most of the bigger stores around here went to charging for plastic bags, so we use reusables. We still occasionally get plastic grocery bags because we do sometimes forget to bring them, particularly for small trips. I don't use bags in small garbage pails, just wipe them out when they get gross. We use bins for grocery shopping along with a few insulated bags for cold items, and have chico bags for smaller trips.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
RealMommyLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I live in lower Burrell pa, about 30 minutes north of pittsburgh. There are a few random paper recycling bins around here for the newspaper companies and stores could dump old newspapers that didn't sell, but other than that, we don't even have the option for a pickup service. Yeah, I don't mind the pad so much as feeling it coming out. Plus it is so hot in the summer. I had my first the end of may and wore pads till the end of july. It was awful!! Post partum was the first time I wore a pad since I started my period at 13 lol.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #15
RealMommyLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I live in lower Burrell pa, 30 minutes north of pittsburgh. We don't have a recycling pick up service available. We have a couple paper recycling bins randomly around town that are hidden from the public and are mainly there for stores to dump unsold newspapers. So many people look at me like I'm crazy for cloth diapering, and using reusable bags, cause no one around here recycles. My brother in law makes fun of me all the time for cloth diapering. He calls my diapers hippie diapers, and tells me that since I use reusable bags that he's going to start double bagging all of his bags to make up for the ones I'm not using. So I think if they came out with recycling here, that it would take something like a fine to get people to change.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Odd how different things are in different places. I live in a small city. Here recycling pickup, compost pickup and up to two bags of garbage pickup are included in your property taxes. If you need to put out more than two bags of garbage you have to pay for stickers to put on those extra bags. So we fill up the kitchen garbage with the smaller garbages, recycle and compost all we can. Compost is one large green bin, so kitchen scraps never come close to filling it, we've only filled it with major yard work. You can put out an unlimited amount of recycling. Only allowing 2 bags creates incentive for people to use the other methods.

Last edited by Computermama; 03-15-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks mama hope I win
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Who won?

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
RealMommyLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to upload the video of the winner today! I haven't been able to get on my computer for a few days. Only my phone.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
RealMommyLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And the winner is....
http://youtu.be/CYLLeHYrjWw