Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Treating reflux naturally?

LO was diagnosed with reflux at two months old, and after doing a lot messing around with my diet and trying several different elimination diets, we ended up putting her on the ranitidine/Zantac, which I hated, but she was immediately a different baby. No more arching, grunting, screaming, pulling away from the breast, etc. Her ND told me she would likely be able to wean from the meds after a month or two, and we could go on our merry way (I had to eliminate both gluten, coffee, and dairy from my diet as well). Well, LO is now 8.5 months, and we're on the fourth attempt to wean her from the reflux meds. And once again, my happy little girl is just fussing all day, arching her back, grunting, and increasing her spit-up amount from "a lot" to "ridiculous." I'm so frustrated and defeated at this point. I hate that she's on the meds, but I don't want her suffering, either. She's already well past the age that most babies outgrow the reflux issues, at least according to her ND. I am already drinking chamomile tea all day and taking DGL, as per ND's recommendation. Is there anything else I can do? LO is also starting to be much more interested in solids now, so it's not just my diet I have to watch carefully anymore. Is there anything else safer and more natural I can try for her? TIA.

Rebecca, married to J (2007), DD1 Anna (11/09) and DD2 Ada born at home 7/12 DS Henry born at home 3/14
BirthdayMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I want to tell you she will outgrow it but my son is 3 and still refluxy I am so done with vomit laundry it's not funny. I recommend keeping on trucking and stay on the med. if what you are doing is still working keep with it. I understand not wanting to over medicate but if it makes baby more comfy I'd do it. We finally weaned off redux meds this year he's still refluxy we just let him drink cups of water in bed, fluid going down soothes the reflux
Mommy to Patrick 05/19/05, Parker 11/20/09 and Paxton Arrived 2/14/13, Penelope 5/29/14

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote