View Poll Results: what age did you leave the kids overnight?
0-2 months 6 4.41%
2-4 months 12 8.82%
6-12 months 10 7.35%
1 year + 75 55.15%
Never left my kids overnight 33 24.26%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Newton
Registered Users

Re: what age did you leave child overnight?

DD stayed with DH only overnight, my first night away from her at 14 months when I was hospitalized for 10 very long days. And the first time at Grandma's away from both of us at 3, she loves her grandma sleepovers!

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #22
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
but should qualify all of this with the fact that we're military and therefore very far from family. I think people with family nearby get comfortable leaving their children with grandparents, etc earlier than those of us who don't have that option.
Totally this. We're not military but we are 6 or more hours from family.

DD1 stayed with a friend of mine overnight (and had a blast!) when she was 3 and I was having her sister. Then a few months later my sister took her back to Ohio with her for three nights before DH and I drove up with the baby for Thanksgiving.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #23
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS1 was 2, we went out of town for 1 night for something. A wedding I think. He stayed with his grandparents.

DS2 was 1, we stayed 1 night downtown for our anniversary. It was harder because he was still nursing so I had to pump.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #24
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well dd1 was 2 1/2 when dd2 was born so my Mom stayed with her while I was in the hospital. She was almost 5 when ds was born and again my Mom stayed with her. She went to my Moms for a week in the summer at 5 1/2. We didn't do that sooner because my Mom is 7 hours away and there is no just coming home in the middle of the night if you're not quite ready. She goes to my moms for a week each summer now.

Dd2 was just 2 when ds was born. Last summer she was just shy of 5 when she went to my moms for a week. She wants to go again this summer.

Ds is 3 1/2 and never been away from me. He might be ok but I feel he's too young to be gone for a whole week yet. So he needs to wait another year or two to head to my moms.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #25
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our situation isn't the norm as my 2 oldes have medical issues and we lived 500 miles from family up until last year.

So far, they have only slept away at Grammy's a few times. Ds1 was 11 & DS2 was 4. I am still hesitant to allow them to sleep over at just anybody's house. How do you ask a friend's mom or dad to wake up at 2am to check blood sugars plus listen for babbling/crying/ restlessness for possible high or low glucose levels? I have been the bad guy for 8 months denying his request to sleep over at his buddy's house 3 houses down from us.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #26
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I am still hesitant to allow them to sleep over at just anybody's house. How do you ask a friend's mom or dad to wake up at 2am to check blood sugars plus listen for babbling/crying/ restlessness for possible high or low glucose levels? I have been the bad guy for 8 months denying his request to sleep over at his buddy's house 3 houses down from us.
ugh, . It's totally OK to be that "bad guy," though, for the safety of your children!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Left overnight with dh : dd1 12 mo, dd2 6 wks, I had to be hospitalized, dd3 & ds never. None of them have ever spent the night away from home.

Sent from my droid
Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They stay right around 2ish years old. Dd1 stayed over several times as an infant and I regret that now. It's only lead to entitlement issues, unfortunately.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #29
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My son was about 18 months, my dd just did a couple weeks ago. She is 14 months old.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My five kids are aged 10 years down to 7 months, and I've never been away from any of them overnight.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote