Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
kaydove's Avatar
kaydove
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 1,321
My Mood:
I was inspired to start a Pagan families thread from another thread. I'm hoping this will be a place for us who believe and practice an earth based spirituality to be able to connect. We can share what we believe and how we celebrate our holidays, what that looks like in our families, and our daily lives.

We're coming up on Ostara - welcoming back spring and new life to the Earth! What's everyone's plans for Ostara?
We're staying with DHs catholic grandma for the time being so I'm not sure we'll be doing much. I'm going to try to put something stealthy together. It's March 20th!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

__________________
Pagan mama to her little Witchling Seraphina, born 2/21/2012 at home.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.

Last edited by kaydove; 03-13-2013 at 09:55 PM.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

I'll join! I don't consider myself pagan per se but I am definitely alternatively spiritual with an earthy vibe and I did meet my SO at a pagan sanctuary.
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
kaydove's Avatar
kaydove
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 1,321
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I'll join! I don't consider myself pagan per se but I am definitely alternatively spiritual with an earthy vibe and I did meet my SO at a pagan sanctuary.
Welcome! I'm an atheist pagan - I don't believe in deities but everything else that goes hand in hand with paganism: reincarnation, sacredness of Mother Earth, interconnectedness of us all, and an energy that can be tapped into to influence change or what we intend. I say pagan because its a whole lot shorter to say. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Pagan mama to her little Witchling Seraphina, born 2/21/2012 at home.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
earthflower's Avatar
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Murphys, Ca
Posts: 2,468
My Mood:
I would love to join. I live in a rural area, in a very small town out in the country, so it will be nice to connect with y'all.


kinda off-topic but, I met a couple people recently on Facebook that are pagans, yesterday I finally got to meet them irl. I was kinda catfished though, one of them was a transgender which is cool but I 100% thought I was going to be meeting a girl so I was surprised to meet a guy lol.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post

Welcome! I'm an atheist pagan - I don't believe in deities but everything else that goes hand in hand with paganism: reincarnation, sacredness of Mother Earth, interconnectedness of us all, and an energy that can be tapped into to influence change or what we intend. I say pagan because its a whole lot shorter to say. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I pretty much loosely believe in all that too. I tend to lean heavily into cosmic spiritualism. I don't feel very home here on Earth. I believe my "soul" or energy or whatever comes from somewhere else's the universe and I'm sort of popping in here on Earthto experience, learn, be challenged, etc....
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 12,584
My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

We will be decorating the alter and getting ready for spring. This is when I repot plants and get them ready for new growth.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
kaydove's Avatar
kaydove
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 1,321
My Mood:
I'm thinking about making Ostara my spiritual new year. Samhain doesn't seem like a new beginnings to me but spring does so I'm thinking about treating Ostara as new year. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Pagan mama to her little Witchling Seraphina, born 2/21/2012 at home.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
I'm thinking about making Ostara my spiritual new year. Samhain doesn't seem like a new beginnings to me but spring does so I'm thinking about treating Ostara as new year. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I don't really celebrate the holidays anymore (spiritually at least) but I totally agree. I love Samhain but it doesn't feel like a year starter. I'm partial to imbolc though.
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthflower View Post
I would love to join. I live in a rural area, in a very small town out in the country, so it will be nice to connect with y'all.


kinda off-topic but, I met a couple people recently on Facebook that are pagans, yesterday I finally got to meet them irl. I was kinda catfished though, one of them was a transgender which is cool but I 100% thought I was going to be meeting a girl so I was surprised to meet a guy lol.
That would definitely be surprising!
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #10
willownz's Avatar
willownz
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Posts: 2,328
My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

I am in the Southern Hemisphere so it will be Mabon for me. I will be baking bread.
__________________
Helen. New Zealand living, cloth nappy using and making. Totally addicted to knitting. Mum of Samuel (11/05), Mollie (6/08), Meghan (5/10) and Benjamin (17/1/2013) born 19 weeks 2 days.
willownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.