Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Can you pump in the car? You can get 2 more sessions in a day. Medala makes adapters for the cigarette lighter.

Advertisement

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm running low on milk

Definitely second pumping in the car! I had an hour commute one way and this worked really well.

As for non-milk formulas, soy works well. It's what I used when my son had diarrhea from teething. He couldn't tell the difference.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

If you use formula to supplement, you should always start with a milk-based formula because cow's milk is much closer to human milk than soy is. If the cow's milk formula isn't tolerated, then you should explore lactose-free milk-based formula, with soy being a last resort. You might also want to consider using donor breast milk.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am ft wohm. I noticed that my supply would be really good on Monday and dwindle down by Friday. Then I would feed the baby all weekend and on the next Monday my supply would increase again.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #15
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Try power pumping

15 mins on
15 mins off
15 mins on
15 off

This and letting baby nurse and hang out a the boob. Hugs!

Also if you give formula I would use Earth's Best organic brand (they have soy but i would first try the cows milk one as a pp said it is much closer to human milk than soy) because it is on the NON GMO list (non genetically modified) & be sure to pump when you give formula.

You're doing good mama hang in there!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
radmama12
Registered Users

Oatmeal, brewers yeast, lots of water & nurse on demand all weekend! I make lactation cookies that help my supply SoO much but not my waistline lol! Keep it up mama!
radmama12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
klero
Registered Users

My Mood:

Neck exercises while pumping... it worked really well for me. Also, pump longer... some times I would pump for 40 min... and had 2 let downs instead of one.
klero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
seacat
Registered Users
seller

For sure get yourself a back up formula. I would start with a dairy or goats milk though as opposed to soy. Baby's Only is actually coconut based and doesn't taste bad like most. They also have a lactose free version and soy if need be.

I am so sorry about the back up supply. Mine got tossed due to a power outage at about the same age Pump as much as you can and lactation cookies with brewers yeast really do help.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Be really careful giving cow milk based formula to a dairy sensitive baby. If you're going to do cow milk based formula start with 2 oz and WAIT. My oldest had eczema on his cheeks starting from about 4 weeks old. The doc told us it was just a eczema and that it would go away eventually. So when he was 3 months old we gave him 4 oz of Enfamil- the regular kind, first 2 oz and we waited like 2 minutes and my husband insisted he was still hungry and gave him another 2 oz. I had a horrible bout of mastitis and my milk supply was pretty wiped out. Well the kid went into anaphylaxis and so began the worst day of my life. He's fine but it was a very bad day involving steroids and epinephrin and Paramedics whispering to ER docs on the phone that the baby wasn't stable and turns out that wasn't eczema it was a reaction to the dairy in my breast milk.

I'm not trying to scare you, but just be careful and go slow.

ETA: pumping in the car worked great for me!

Last edited by gingerpeachee; 03-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.
gingerpeachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
You try thistle or mothers milk plus? Motthers milk tea I don't know if it would help but another option. Not sure on formula to tell you.