View Poll Results: Where Do You Plan To Birth?
Homebirth 19 34.55%
Hospital Birth 25 45.45%
Birthing Center Birth 6 10.91%
Unsure 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

How Are You Birthing?

We're all dying to know...how is everyone planning to birth?

Home? Hospital? Birthing Center? Assisted by dolphins in Hawaii? Unsure?

This will be my third water birth, and the first one AT HOME! I couldn't be more excited! Hope everything goes as planned so I can do this!

Advertisement

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
ParamedicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

I will be having a planned c-section due to my pelvis being fused together and therefore unable to pass a child (after the saga that was my DD's birth, I will not put baby or myself through that experience!). Plus, here in WY if you've had a c-section, an OB cannot legally allow an attempted VBAC. I will NOT permit an earlier than 40week c-section though. A c-section, IMO, is not for convenience and I know that my baby will need to grow the full term, no less.
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hospital birth for us. I really want a homebirth with a midwife but insurance won't cover it. I've never had a bad hospital birth experience so I'm okay with it.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Are You Birthing?

Id LIKE to have a homebirth, but may end up with a birth center. All depends. I just know I dont want to go the hospital route again. (and my insurance doesnt cover hospital delivery.. go figure)
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really would love to have a home birth. So much of me would. It's totally in line with everything I believe in. But I work in healthcare and have seen so many bad outcomes. Plus DD was a shoulder dystocia (completely unexpected since she was a pound smaller than her brother) and I really have pTSD about the 5 min surrounding her birth and the fact that she was born blue, floppy and not breathing. I think I would just be too stressed at home even though I so, so want to be here. I haven't decided for sure yet but I don't think I can do it. It's definitely a hard decision for me, though. Can you tell? Lol.
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will do a hospital birth hopefully med free, this last time I felt no pain til 8cm and think I could have gone all the way pain free but they pushed pitocin on me and we all know what kind of crazy pain happens after that, I ended up getting an epidural and having her 30min later
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Abbaloosa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We will plan for the hospital. I've had two c/s and last was a vba2c...I like the idea of a home birth but just not comfortable enough with my history. I will stay home as long as possible though.
Abbaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Home birth is not an option for me. DH would never be ok with it. He would agree to a birthing center, but we have state insurance for now. He just got a job with the county, so we will be off that and on Kaiser or BCBS soon. Where I birth will depend on that, but probably a hospital. I've been fortunate and had all positive experiences
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes
I really would love to have a home birth. So much of me would. It's totally in line with everything I believe in. But I work in healthcare and have seen so many bad outcomes. Plus DD was a shoulder dystocia (completely unexpected since she was a pound smaller than her brother) and I really have pTSD about the 5 min surrounding her birth and the fact that she was born blue, floppy and not breathing. I think I would just be too stressed at home even though I so, so want to be here. I haven't decided for sure yet but I don't think I can do it. It's definitely a hard decision for me, though. Can you tell? Lol.
This is me. I would really like to try a home birth. But we live 20 minutes from the nearest hospital, and I am really scared about if anything were to happen to my baby. DD was born with cord around her neck, her smurf blue color still haunts me (she's perfect, thank god!). Also, I kind of like that the hospital takes care of all the messy parts of birthing, KWIM!

But I really didn't like the helplessness feeling at the hospital- they still took her to nursery for checkup even though I asked them not to. And generally, just felt like there was lots of people intruding on our special time.

Think my insurance is changing April 1st, company will be self insured, so if they cover home birth, I will strongly consider it.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #10
BlissfulMoM
Registered Users

Hospital due to progressively worsening PPH with all three vba2c's. I was considering HB with DS4 but after his birth and then DS5's I won't deliver anywhere other than a very good hospital. I also plan to have an epidural not only for the pain relief during but after. Stopping PPH is brutal. I had bruises all over my abdomen from the "massage". LOL, not a term I would ever use to describe that! I am going to make sure the doc doses me again AFTER the birth. It took them 3 hours the last two births to get the PPH under control and the epi was long wore off. That hurt.

Going to really, really try to avoid the pitocin this time though! And we do all the other crunch stuff at the hospital - dim the lights, deliver on my stomach, delay clamp/cut, no goop, no K, no bugging us while we bond with our LO, all exams done from mom's arms, rooming in, etc. We tend to be a bit more flexible with what happens before baby is born, but after, we are don't budge unless absolutely necessary. A peaceful experience for our LO is essential. We want he/she to know this world is a good place.
BlissfulMoM is offline   Reply With Quote