View Poll Results: Where Do You Plan To Birth?
Homebirth 19 34.55%
Hospital Birth 25 45.45%
Birthing Center Birth 6 10.91%
Unsure 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
AggieMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Are You Birthing?

Our last two were born at a birth center and were amazing experiences! Now that we have had these experiences I dont think I could go back to a hospital unless absolutely necessary. DH and I talked about a home birth for DS3, but neither of us were comfortable with hospitals being so far away and the fact that I mildly hemorraged with DS2 (Luckily my midwife was able to get the bleeding to stop, but I almost had to be transferred to the hospital).

Advertisement

AggieMoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
stacyat
Registered Users
seller

We'll be delivering at the hospital with the same OB that delivered my son! I absolutely love her! I'm considering going pain-med free this time though. I wanted an epidural with my girls but did not get one and it was very traumatic so with my son I got one as soon as I was admitted and it was fabulous! But the recovery was horrific, the stitches and ER visit when he was five days old for severe dehydration for him didn't help. So I'm wondering if pain-med free would help with that, I hope so!
stacyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #13
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

My first two were birthed in a "birthing center" within a hospital. Now, the hospital is NOT a place that I'd even take my kid to get a bandaid (and I'm a paramedic, so believe me, I know where to go and not to around here! haha), but the birthing center was GREAT for me. I had my midwife and a nurse attend, was able to birth in a tub, caught both of my own babies, and it was the most beautiful experience of my life. I wanted home births, but at the time, I was in a very abusive marriage and control was one of his issues, and...long story short...a home birth was not allowed!

After reading everyone's posts, I just felt it was very important to say something...

No matter how you birth, it is YOUR birth and YOUR choice. You should not ever feel guilty, inferior, etc. because you choose to birth differently than someone else. The most important thing in pregnancy and birthing is to listen to your mommy instinct. My sister, for example, was adament about wanting a C-Section when the Dr and everyone else thought she was crazy and should do a VBAC. She was set on getting a C-Section though, and it turned out to be a good thing because she DID go into labor while she was waiting in the hospital for her scheduled section. While the hospital staff told her to forget about the section because by the time it came her turn, she'd be giving birth vaginally, she actually had a uterine rupture and had to be rushed into the OR. If she HADN'T stuck by her desire to get a C-Section while we all quietly thought she was being ridiculous, she and my beautiful niece probably would have lost their lives because there wouldn't have been time to get there.

Your body and spirit will know how you need to birth. Don't ever discount that. If you don't have a peace about something, don't do it! It doesn't make anyone a better mother to birth one way or another, and I'm pretty sure all of our babies will be perfect regardless of what environment they came out in.

Blessings to all of you as you prepare over the next bunch of months! <3

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
ParamedicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamedicMama
My first two were birthed in a "birthing center" within a hospital. Now, the hospital is NOT a place that I'd even take my kid to get a bandaid (and I'm a paramedic, so believe me, I know where to go and not to around here! haha), but the birthing center was GREAT for me. I had my midwife and a nurse attend, was able to birth in a tub, caught both of my own babies, and it was the most beautiful experience of my life. I wanted home births, but at the time, I was in a very abusive marriage and control was one of his issues, and...long story short...a home birth was not allowed!

After reading everyone's posts, I just felt it was very important to say something...

No matter how you birth, it is YOUR birth and YOUR choice. You should not ever feel guilty, inferior, etc. because you choose to birth differently than someone else. The most important thing in pregnancy and birthing is to listen to your mommy instinct.

Your body and spirit will know how you need to birth. Don't ever discount that. If you don't have a peace about something, don't do it! It doesn't make anyone a better mother to birth one way or another, and I'm pretty sure all of our babies will be perfect regardless of what environment they came out in.
Love this! I totally agree. Planning our third home (probably water) birth here! My first was born in an out of hospital birth center, and the other two were born at home in the birth tub. I love homebirth.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

planning a homebirth if i can find a MW willing to travel to me... still waiting to hear back from the first two i messaged. im an hour or more away from all of them.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
We will have a home birth as long as I can get a midwife. They're publicly funded here, but there aren't enough if hem yet (they've only been legal for about 10 years now).
First birth was in hospital with OB, but it just didn't go we'll fit us. Second was a MW at our little town hospital and went amazing, but I'd just rather be home and comfy. Plus a hospital birth mean I have a MW and a nurse, but home birth means ill have two attending MWs

Last edited by MamanMoore; 03-21-2013 at 07:08 AM.
MamanMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #17
ladybugamber
Registered Users
seller

I would LOVE a home birth but after a shoulder dystocia and emergency c-section I have no choice but deliver at a hospital. This will be my 3rd VBAC.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
simme
Registered Users

I want to have a homebirth, but I just don't see how it would happen unless we were to go U/A... which I don't think I'd do. There is one midwife in our health region, but I live too far from her & the hospital for that to be an option. We have no birthing centres. So... right now, it's looking like hospital birth with a midwife (I hope).
simme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm planning a hospital birth with a midwife. That's what I did last time, though we're in a different town now. There's only one OB practice that has midwives on staff, so I'm hoping I like them There is a birth center with CPMs about 20 min away but I hemorrhaged last time and want to be in a hospital. Plus my pregnancy deductible is high and I need my Aflac policy to help out, which only covers a hospitalization. Also last time I chose an epidural but ended up with a spinal headache (migraines for a week, could hardly sit up or stand) so I'm planning unmedicated this time.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
crunchyafmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm unsure right now. Right now I want a home birth and DH wants a hospital/ midwife combo. We are consulting with both next week (only CPMs deliver in home here).