Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Painful latch at 10 months

Those side teeth are a bugger. My 11 month old just got them in finally but his latch on my left side has changed just enough with them to be sore. It happens when he is in the cradle hold only, for some odd reason. I just keep trying to reposition his mouth a bit.

I am sure the tugging has something to do with your soreness, too. My son pulls at me too. He will hold my boob like a burger and nurse that way.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
clexiske06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That makes sense with the teeth. I thought pulling was to trigger the let down maybe even she chokes half the time. But hopefully it gets better. :-/ never thought I would experience this pain this late. BF is not for the faint of heart that's for sure.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
birdinhand
Registered Users

You mentioned feeling crampy -- many moms notice extreme tenderness or soreness when they ovulate?
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand
You mentioned feeling crampy -- many moms notice extreme tenderness or soreness when they ovulate?
This is me. This is my second cycle pp and just had sore nipples yesterday, I probably ovulated. That happened last cycle. Sore nipples = ovulating.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
birdinhand
Registered Users

You know, I nursed three babies for many years, lol, and I never noticed this about myself until my third baby.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
clexiske06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh wow, that's really interesting. I think that is probably it! Has anyone not got their period till after they were done breastfeeding?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clexiske06
Oh wow, that's really interesting. I think that is probably it! Has anyone not got their period till after they were done breastfeeding?
I never got my period and I breastfed dd for 22 mos (of course I got pregnant with ds2 - surprise! when she was 18 mos). I got my period at 20 mos with ds1 but nursed him for 30 mos.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexiske06 View Post
I still am AF free right now while nursing. It is my first baby this has ever happened with. Mine usually comes back 3-4 months PP.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
birdinhand
Registered Users

Mine have come back at 5 months (nursed that baby until he was four years old, he didn't start solids until about 14 months, plus had second baby when first was 26 months old), with second baby I got it back at 5 months (and I was nursing first and second at the time), and the third I got back at 4 months.

I don't mind getting my periods back early. Then I know I am fertile and I need to be careful and start FAM. When your period starts while you are still exclusively nursing you may have a higher estrogen level, which means you may not be so affected by vaginal dryness that is common with breastfeeding moms, etc. That was me.