Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you make it all work?

Well I'm pregnant and even my 15 min routine is suffering, dh suggested we hire a cleaning lady, I think h is starting to see I can't do it all

Advertisement

amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #22
drea2281
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
I so want to hire a cleaning lady but dh won't go for it I was asking for only once a month for 2 hours so what? 40.00 a month? I'm going to tell him though that I want the money hed spend on Mother's Day, my birthday and christmas to go toward that.
The cleaning lady was the best investment we ever made for our home and our marriage. I work on average 50 hours a week doing a job that I love. Same goes for the husband. I hated having to spend my nights and weekends cleaning and hated the arguing that would ensue. My husband is not a slob but just the thought of having to deep clean on top of work stress and wanting to do nothing more than spend time together on nights and weekends really got to me. Although my husband wasn't completely sold on a cleaning lady in the beginning, he agreed to give it a try. After the first time, seeing how clean and wonderful smelling the house was, he was sold. He also saw how less stressed I was and how relaxed our home life had become. To this day, our cleaning comes once every 2 weeks and we pay her 60 dollars each time. All we do is pick up after ourselves and I don't even mind mopping or doing some light scrubbing once in a while since I know that my house is well kept. Now that I'm 33 weeks pregnant with two dogs, it's been the biggest blessing to have an extra helping hand. : )
drea2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #23
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaterzone View Post
I spend one Saturday a month making a bunch of freezable crock pot meals. That way I don't even HAVE to think about dinner most nights. Also, I'm a clean freak but until the weekend, my house is a mess and I really don't care. :-) The kids are the priority so the house can wait.
That was me when I was working before bb. I am extremely ocd when it comes to cleaning. With my eldest I asked him to maintain his room. I also tried every morning before I took him to school to kind of pick up a bit. Never a lot just barely making it until it looked somewhat decent. Then on my weekend day off I'd go all out and do everything including laundry. I tried yhe triage way but it just didn't work for me. I just wanted to finish and always ended up trying to do the whole house. I did triage with laundry though . My job is a 60+ hr a week job so it took a lot of adjusting on both dh and I. Hth

Last edited by nachoslyn; 05-30-2013 at 02:12 AM.
nachoslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
earthmom
Registered Users

I'm just scared that with the baby coming (in less than a month!) the already overwhelming housework is going to bury me, and the military only gives me a month to stay home with her.

I guess I am just whining, sorry.

My husband and I both work and I just don't see when there will be time to fit in housework...I don't know how you mommies do it!
earthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmom View Post
I'm just scared that with the baby coming (in less than a month!) the already overwhelming housework is going to bury me, and the military only gives me a month to stay home with her.

My husband and I both work and I just don't see when there will be time to fit in housework...I don't know how you mommies do it!
You do what you have to do. Around 3-4 months is when we've found a good rhythm with all of ours
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #26
FilipinaMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used to beat myself up about this too! I try to prepare freezer meals on the weekend. I also try to prepare things for the night before to be organized and ready. Crockpots are a lifesaver! I've also decided to let certain things go. I used to make sure everything was PERFECT at home, but is it really necessary? Nope! I know this sounds horrible, but after going into another single mom's house and seeing how EXTREMELY MESSY it was...I didn't feel too bad. LOL Try to find another mom's house that's messier than yours. You'll feel better. LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmom

EarthMom,

I'm in the military too and we've made it work by living on base. If we lived off base or far from base, things would be more difficult. I run home at lunch and toss clothes in the laundry or do the dishes etc and this helps a lot!! Just do small things here & there when you can and use the wknd to clean up the big stuff. Don't stress the little things, you'll be exhausted as it is with the hours military folk work and being up at night feeding baby!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
LucyMindhoff
Registered Users

I just do my own list of weekly cleaning routine .. I love this! I was just working on revising my cleaning routine last week because it seems to not happen at all if I donít have it down on paper and posted on the fridge. Well, until things get REALLY bad. And then Iím overwhelmed.
LucyMindhoff is offline   Reply With Quote