Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me about your tubals!

I love my tubal. No worries at all of getting pregnant. The procedure was done 8 weeks Pp for me in an out patient surgury center. It was so easy and painless. I was recovered in no time. I was able to nurse when I got home, too. I would do it all over. AF is not back yet, but I do not have issues with having worse periods if they occur. The peace of mind is worth it.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
Mrs. Shawn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy

PLEASE PLEASE research Tubal Syndrome before you decide. I had someone tell me about it, and I rolled my eyes and blew them off because I'd heard so many people that had no problem. I'm really wishing I had listened now, because I'm absolutely miserable
I had a tubal ligation (covered by insurance) and regretted it. Not because of pain though. I just had a change of heart and wanted more kids. So I had a reversal surgery done. I had to travel out of state to a specialty center and had to pay out of pocket (not covered by insurance at all). I would say that many women also have this reversal procedure done strictly for relief of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome, PTLS. Google it.

Sidenote: In case you're wondering, my reversal was successful. I am holding/nursing my soon-to-be 9 month old baby as I type.
Mrs. Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #23
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
Yes, this has been my tubal experience. HORRIBLE. I would never recommend it.

I've had 3 c sections, the first 2 were emergency and the last was scheduled, so I opted to have the tubal then. Almost immediately, I felt MUCH more pain than normal. Its been 21 months since my tubal, and I spend half the month bleeding. I'm now anemic, where I have never had a problem with iron in my entire life. The cramps are HORRIFIC... the first 2 days of my period, I can't do a thing except pop pain reliever and lay down. My DH has missed at least one day of work a month because of this.

I have such a heavy period, I can soak through a super plus tampon in half an hour. Its gotten so bad, I can't even use tampons anymore, because they are so expensive when you are changing them every half hour. I literally have to set an alarm and change an overnight pad at about 3am, otherwise I will wake up with my bed looking like the ending of a horror film. My period lasts a week, and then for another week, it flip flops between spotting and random clots and spurts of blood. I really only have one week a month that I'm not spotting or passing anything. It was NEVER like this before - I had a 4 day period, not terribly heavy and so regular, you could set your watch by it!

I now have facial hair sprouting up in random places... I'm only 28!! I honestly have not felt like my normal self, since I had the tubal. I get night sweats, and I feel "off" most of the time.

And to top it all off - I got pregnant last year, but lost the pregnancy at about 7 weeks.

PLEASE PLEASE research Tubal Syndrome before you decide. I had someone tell me about it, and I rolled my eyes and blew them off because I'd heard so many people that had no problem. I'm really wishing I had listened now, because I'm absolutely miserable
while I havent had a tubal, this sounds like my period every month. drs wont believe its that heavy and I too had testing- all normal. well it wasnt normal. my thyroid was off. I take suppliments for that and its way lighter now. if your hormones are off, you can bleed way longer/heavier. you need a balance of both estrogen and progesterone. check into Femtrol herbs
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
nana2peach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If anyone wants to hear the hell I went through with DS2, send me a pm. Im not comfortable putting his story on a public forum.
nana2peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #25
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Well I am considering a tubal as well. The horror stories of the women who have had tubals.... How do you know that would not have happened any way? I am not asking to be snarky. I want to know because in 2011 I lost twins at 16 weeks. After that I had the exact symptoms you are speaking of as being caused by your tubals. I DID NOT have a tubal but did have DNC. This happened for a year. Could have gone on longer, but the one month I made it to 24 days between af (still very heavy and painful bleeding) I got pregnant again. I had tons of labs checking hormones, etc... None of which showed much except low progesterone and anemia during the year of heavy bleeding and PAINFUL cramping. Is it possible the pgs and births you experienced caused the changes in your cycles?

I am worried to death after reading all the horror stories about tubals but I personally know several who have had them with NO problems. I am terrified to have more kids. This is my 4th. And terrified to have a tubal.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytushi View Post
Well I am considering a tubal as well. The horror stories of the women who have had tubals.... How do you know that would not have happened any way? I am not asking to be snarky. I want to know because in 2011 I lost twins at 16 weeks. After that I had the exact symptoms you are speaking of as being caused by your tubals. I DID NOT have a tubal but did have DNC. This happened for a year. Could have gone on longer, but the one month I made it to 24 days between af (still very heavy and painful bleeding) I got pregnant again. I had tons of labs checking hormones, etc... None of which showed much except low progesterone and anemia during the year of heavy bleeding and PAINFUL cramping. Is it possible the pgs and births you experienced caused the changes in your cycles?

I am worried to death after reading all the horror stories about tubals but I personally know several who have had them with NO problems. I am terrified to have more kids. This is my 4th. And terrified to have a tubal.
Nobody is saying it absolutely WILL or WON'T happen... It's more, are you willing to take the risk. If you are, then get a tubal. Me personally, if I had taken the time to be more educated, would have realized that personally its not worth the risk of living how I'm currently living. I even asked my OB about side affects of risks... He mentioned absolutely NOTHING about tubal syndrome.

FWIW, I absolutely cannot have more children. Both mentally and physically. I still wouldn't have had the tubal, if I had realized how it was going to end.

Last edited by madebymommy; 03-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post

while I havent had a tubal, this sounds like my period every month. drs wont believe its that heavy and I too had testing- all normal. well it wasnt normal. my thyroid was off. I take suppliments for that and its way lighter now. if your hormones are off, you can bleed way longer/heavier. you need a balance of both estrogen and progesterone. check into Femtrol herbs
I've already had full labwork done, nothing came back abnormal. I was told to go on birth control to help with the symptoms... Umm, that's why I had a tubal, so I don't have to use it! Lol!!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #28
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a tubal 24 hours after my last baby was born (actually, I did give birth after that, but I had IVF in order to carry a surrogate baby) and, come to find out, it was NOT covered by insurance because of religious reasons (catholic hospital, catholic insurance company).

I have no regretted my tubal - I was sore for a few days, but other than that, the recovery was fine. My periods are a bit heavier than they used to be, though.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #29
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a tubal during my cesarean last night so I have no idea how itll feel 3 years from now. But I am completely happy with the decision to have one. It feels so great to know our family is complete. I never had that before but knew thia whole pregnancy she was our last. Its so exciting to see her, this lil princess who completes our family. Knowing were moving on to the next phase of life is so exciting!!
My Dr. cut out a peice of my tube near my ovaries which he said is a new way, less failure and less risk.of cancer but its not reversable like it is when you cut in the middle. It went well though.
If your sure you're done, I wouldn't hesitate. I know a lot of internet searches can bring up.negative side effects but so does ANY birth control. And there are lots of reasons to be done with your family size, and sometimes we need to know were in the "permanent" solution.
I have hard pregnancies and premies. My body cant handle any more pregnancies so the risks were better for the tubal then another pregnancy.
I know a handful of women with a tubal and all had good experiences. I haven't meet one personally with a negative one actually.
Good luck!!! Hope you come to a decision your happy with.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote