Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Team GREEN mamas-----

Just wondering if you have certain way of doing things.
I always buy a girl and a boy baby book (so that I can do footprints on the day they are born and record stuff), a girl and boy nice blanket, a girl and boy take-home outfit, and a couple of gowns from home to wear in the hospital instead of the plain white hospital shirt. I usually bring girl and gender neutral (since I don't have much boy stuff).

Besides that, I'm good with just shopping afterward if there's something I need that's gender specific.

What about everyone else? Any traditions/must haves for your green bundle?

Advertisement

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 03-16-2013 at 03:27 PM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Team GREEN mamas-----

This is our first time being green. And we have 4 boys. I'm not particular at all, and don't mind dressing "a girl" in all my boy stuff until I get girl stuff. So I've done absolutely nothing to prepare for either. I have boy stuff already and will not get different things until babe is born and IF its a girl. I'm boring
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wish I could be that laid back. I forgot to mention I buy a gn first year sticker Calender. All my kids love looking back at theirs.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With DD I just did all gender neutral stuff & was totally good with it...way back then! Lol That is one of the reasons I'm struggling so much this time. If its a boy I'm totally good because I have all of DS's cute boy stuff. But if its a girl I totally want girl stuff. So I think I'm going to just buy all the girly things I want when it's closer to time that way if its a boy I'll still be within the return time limit.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have pretty good intuition, so the closer to birth I get--well, I start buying gender specific items and hiding them so I won't ruin the surprise.

I actually bought girl bibs and girl burp cloths when I was 9 weeks with baby #4. I knew from the minute the test showed positive that I was having a girl that time. The last few times, I've been back and forth till about 12 weeks or so.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

I bought a few onsies - most of my GN NB stuff is from my January baby, so the seasons are off. But, I'm not buying much. If its a boy, we're covered (DS1 was a June baby). If girl, between grandmothers & aunts, she'll be covered. Most of my dipes are boy/GN, but it's so much easier for a girl to wear dinosaurs than a boy to wear bows, so I figure we're all good there.

Part of me feels a bit like a slacker b/c we're really not buying anything for this baby...but then again, we really don't need anything either!