Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

The weight gain thread

I didn't know if anyone else wanted to keep track/accountable for weight gain on here!
I'm trying to do good this time I'm visiting family so I've been eating terrible lately. Usually at home I have fruit and carrot sticks and Greek yogurt, we eat paleo meals for dinner too.
So far at 24 weeks I've gained 11-12 lbs
Hoping to keep it around 25, but I still have 4 months to go I gained 37 with my son

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The weight gain thread

Ummm at my 24wk. Appt. I had gained 31.2lbs : / so I'm almost there for what u gained full term with DS. Blahhhhhhh.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think I'm up 14lbs right now. The last 5 was in the past two weeks & bra size had to go up so I know where *some* of that went 23.5 weeks right now. This was the heaviest I've ever started so I'm reeeaalllly watching it (and all the vomiting has made it slow going). I have another 25-30lbs before I reach my high weight from my 2nd pregnancy, but he was 9lbs8oz at 39weeks...I truly hope this little girl isn't that big. My daughter was 8lbs2oz, then my linebacker above, then my little peanut guy 7lbs3oz.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
naynaygoesrawr
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
:x I've only gained about 4/5 lbs I'm about 21 weeks, but I had horrible morning sickness so up Til a few weeks ago I was able to eat much :[. It was awful and I had to go to the hospital for dehydration etc.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
Ummm at my 24wk. Appt. I had gained 31.2lbs : / so I'm almost there for what u gained full term with DS. Blahhhhhhh.
You're ALL belly though! You look great. And I miss you on Facebook!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday was the 24 week mark for me and according to my scale, I've gained 10-12 pounds. My weight fluctuates by about 2 pounds depending on how close I am to having a BM. Sorry if that's TMI!

I was honestly starting to get worried since for the first months I had gained absolutely nothing even without severe nausea. Then it seemed like I gained 7 pounds in one month, so I freaked out about that. Then my scale needed a new battery and I went without weighing for a few weeks. It all seems to have slowed down and evened out. Whew!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
stephbrown13
Registered Users

I'm 22 weeks and have gained 5-7 pounds. With DS1, I gained about 65 (but had recently lost 50 which supposedly makes it easier to bounce back to your previous heavy weight). I was so upset because I ate very healthy, lots of proteins, not a lot of carbs, and was very conscious about portions.

With DS2 I think I gained about 45. I didn't pay as much attention (and my midwife doesn't force me to weigh because I was so depressed with how much I had gained with DS1. They are only 1.5 years apart so I think one reason I didn't gain as much with DS2 is I was so busy chasing baby DS1 around however I also never lost the last 15lbs I had gained the first time so I was starting a little heavier.

This time (also 19 months apart) I started at the same weight I did with DS2 and feel like I have eaten more and worse with this pregnancy than the others so I have NO IDEA how I haven't really gained weight so far. I've been more nauseous this time, but if anything I would think it's caused me to gain extra. I also feel like I am showing way more and way faster this time so again, I'm confused about the low gain. I'm betting I start packing it on fast towards the end. I just can't picture myself ever being one of those people that only gains 20lbs.
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever
Yesterday was the 24 week mark for me and according to my scale, I've gained 10-12 pounds. My weight fluctuates by about 2 pounds depending on how close I am to having a BM. Sorry if that's TMI!

I was honestly starting to get worried since for the first months I had gained absolutely nothing even without severe nausea. Then it seemed like I gained 7 pounds in one month, so I freaked out about that. Then my scale needed a new battery and I went without weighing for a few weeks. It all seems to have slowed down and evened out. Whew!
I was the same way! Was the same with my son too. Didn't start gaining until 20 weeks
Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am at 20 weeks and have gained around 7 lbs I think. I have a OB appointment on Monday so I should be able to tell then. I have been more keeping track of my girth then my weight. I was 31 inches around on transfer day and last Thursday I was 38.25 inches around. So I guess I am gaining it in the right spot!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
22 wks & up 7 lbs., but I was already 13 lbs bigger than my pre-prego weight with DS & I gained 45 lbs with him. Really hoping I won't go past my highest weight from DS.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote