Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #21
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Brother/sister baths

My littles are 5(boy), 4(girl), and 18 months(girl)...just this week I decided to split the girls and boys into seperate baths....partly cause they don't fit as well all in there....and partly cause the 4yr old was giggling about parker's boy parts....and the baby thought it was interesting to grab his boy parts when he was standing up....but mostly they don't fit in the tub together anymore, and lots of water ends up on the floor.

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

last summer when ds was about to turn 5 and my niece (well actually shes my second cousin, but its more of an aunt/niece relationship, lol) was 3.5, we still threw them in the tub together, and had to stop her almost 10yr old brother from getting in, lol... he felt left out, but there was no room.

i dont anticipate them bathing together this year, simply because theyve both grown so much since last summer. there hasnt been an issue with stripping down outside when wet before coming in yet either, so we'll cross that when we come to it

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 9 y/o girl and 6 y/o and 2 y/o boy. When she was about 6 1/2 or 7 she started asking to bathe alone. Before that I never worried/thought much about them bathing together.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #24
rottenapple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine do- DD is 5 1/2 and DS is 3 1/2, I'll probably do it till one of them requests a private bath. Right now they just have fun in there together!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #25
GirlFriday13th
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DSs were bathing with their female cousins last summer, the girls were 3 and 5 and the boys were 2 and 4. This summer DS1 might opt not to, he's suddenly turned rather modest. I'd still be fine with it, if he was.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine are 2 and 5. Still bath together. They don't want to bath separately, they like playing together in the tub. We won't stop until someone is uncomfortable and wants to. Dd knows the difference, but I don't think 2 year old ds does yet. he knows what his parts are and what sissy's are, but I don't think he really knows. But until someone is uncomfortable i don't see any reason to stop.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are just splitting my 6 and 2yr old up. hes going to be 7 in July tho. its just too much. he is very noticing of his body now and she will grab at him. the thing is, they are super mad that I have separated them.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #28
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS's (5 and 4) and DD (2) still all bathe together and it doesn't seem to phase them at all.

I think we have at least a year left, but would separate them if any of them expressed wanting to be alone
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #29
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would still bathe them together at that age, if they can behave. We are just starting to bathe DD1 (6) separately from DS (almost 4), but that is more to start teaching her appropriate privacy boundaries than anything else.

However, we often bathe the kids assembly line style just because they get silly, and with 3, it is easier to do them individually.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Mine dd is almost 7 and ds is 3.5yrs. They still bathe together. Its funny I saw this post. I was just talking to dh about this the other day.
It hasn't gotten weird for either of our kids. They just play together and dh or I are always in the bathroom with them. If we notice any weirdness or someone starts getting shy/touchy they will start doing separate baths.