Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

Suggestions for trim, flexible, summer wool...

I want to try wool on my 4 month old daughter for the warm weather (I live in Southern California and it's already getting warm).

Anything trim and flexible that you love??

Advertisement

keidlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Reel Life
Registered Users
seller

Re: Suggestions for trim, flexible, summer wool...

I'm going to try to do a post about this stuff I just ordered. I think it might fit your bill. Its from This Is Sew Me Organics. Got to get up to 10 posts so I can post a link. So I'm going to talk to folks. Look out for a link soon!
Reel Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Reel Life
Registered Users
seller

here you go!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thisissewmeorganics
or http://www.thisissewmeorganics.ca/
Reel Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! But I'm afraid to try diapers without reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Life View Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

What about sbish underwoolies? I've never actually tried them but they seem great for summer time and trim.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

I was considering them. But they're super pricey. Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmrs View Post
What about sbish underwoolies? I've never actually tried them but they seem great for summer time and trim.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keidlog
In my opinion, SBish is waaay overrated. (Way too expensive, especially since when I got some they were even made in China. All I can say is, someone is making a killing!) They just have a huge following, so I hope no one hurles anything at me for my two cents! :/

I love my Lambie Love and BeartosBoutique wool wraps from Etsy. Lambie Love has a Facebook page (look up "Lambie Love") and lots of comments on Etsy. The wraps are very thin yet work great, and the snap settings/elastic are superior to the many others I've bought. I also made my own out of thrift store wool sweaters, which is the cheapest and easiest route to go for me. I can make them however thick/thin I want and exactly to size for about $1-3 per piece (depending on how many soakers/wraps/longies/shorties/etc I got out of each sweater, which just varied based on what I wanted). Here are the sites I used, incase you sew and are interested...I am NOT a great seamstress, by the way, I actually just got started not long ago so these are NOT hard patterns...

http://www.borntolove.com/frugal-column2.html

http://sewingdork.blogspot.com/2009/...pants.html?m=1

http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007...ttern.html?m=1

Blessings, mamas!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keidlog View Post
Weedle Weedle has them on sale right now with free shipping. As I said, I've never tried them but I have used sbish interlock in the past and found it to be of good quality. I have no idea how it compares to the knits.

I preferred hand made knit wraps with Itsy during the summer for daytime and the underwoolies seem to be pretty trim with the advantage of having a double layer through the wet zone unlike the wraps that I made.

If you're up to knitting your own I love the LTK ribby wrap pattern. Personally I find pretty much all recycled wool to be too thick. I love recycled wool and it definitely serves its purpose, but for very hot summer days I just keep thinking to myself, "that used to be a winter sweater..."

I've also found Loveybums lightweight jersey wraps to be pretty trim. But, they are no longer making them so you'll have to try to find them on FSOT.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

Thank you! I ordered one from wheedle...it was just a bit more than I wanted to spend, by I figure it has great resale value (unlike wahm products which might only be a few $$$ cheaper after shipping, if that!)

I wish I could knit! My mom sews, so hopefully when we're on the same coast over the summer, I'll have her make us some up cycled ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlmrs View Post
Weedle Weedle has them on sale right now with free shipping. As I said, I've never tried them but I have used sbish interlock in the past and found it to be of good quality. I have no idea how it compares to the knits.

I preferred hand made knit wraps with Itsy during the summer for daytime and the underwoolies seem to be pretty trim with the advantage of having a double layer through the wet zone unlike the wraps that I made.

If you're up to knitting your own I love the LTK ribby wrap pattern. Personally I find pretty much all recycled wool to be too thick. I love recycled wool and it definitely serves its purpose, but for very hot summer days I just keep thinking to myself, "that used to be a winter sweater..."

I've also found Loveybums lightweight jersey wraps to be pretty trim. But, they are no longer making them so you'll have to try to find them on FSOT.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

thank you! heard sbish is overrated, but if its on sale and has a high resale value, i figure its worth a shot.

lambie live wraps look awesome, but shes out of stock!

I would sew, but I don't have a machine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanouie View Post
In my opinion, SBish is waaay overrated. (Way too expensive, especially since when I got some they were even made in China. All I can say is, someone is making a killing!) They just have a huge following, so I hope no one hurles anything at me for my two cents! :/

I love my Lambie Love and BeartosBoutique wool wraps from Etsy. Lambie Love has a Facebook page (look up "Lambie Love") and lots of comments on Etsy. The wraps are very thin yet work great, and the snap settings/elastic are superior to the many others I've bought. I also made my own out of thrift store wool sweaters, which is the cheapest and easiest route to go for me. I can make them however thick/thin I want and exactly to size for about $1-3 per piece (depending on how many soakers/wraps/longies/shorties/etc I got out of each sweater, which just varied based on what I wanted). Here are the sites I used, incase you sew and are interested...I am NOT a great seamstress, by the way, I actually just got started not long ago so these are NOT hard patterns...

http://www.borntolove.com/frugal-column2.html

http://sewingdork.blogspot.com/2009/...pants.html?m=1

http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007...ttern.html?m=1

Blessings, mamas!