Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

I know most of you don't think it's a big deal...

But as of today Louise has been getting breast milk for NINE MONTHS!!!! We made it 6 months exclusive BFing, at 7 months we unfortunately had to start supplementing with formula, but I have endured and pumped and nursed as much as I could. At 8 months Lulu decided that she would NOT nurse anymore, we managed to have one last nursing session snuggled up together in the rocking chair in the wee hours one morning it was a great last session (far sooner than I would have liked though. Since then I've continued pumping as much as I can, and finally got a prescription for Domperidone and can get a decent amount! Today Lulu had milk in her cereal, and a bottle and a half of milk!

I'm the first person in my family to be able to breast feed for any amount of time. My mom tried, and quit at 1-3 months for all kids. And one sister never even tried. I've fought against my mom constantly trying to convince me to go to formula, one sister being absolutely disgusted that I would feed my child a "bodily fluid!" We have beaten low jaw-tone, causing exhaustion. And we have beaten a dairy allergy (I can't wait to have ice cream again!!!!!)

Anyway... today Louise is 9 months old, and I can proudly say she has had breast milk for her whole life! I know it is not a big deal for all you 2 year-plus mommies, and exclusive mommies, but it's a big deal for us

Advertisement

Last edited by Catbutt Diapers; 03-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Catbutt Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: I know most of you don't think it's a big deal...

Mama that is always a big deal. Congratulations. I am sure it has been a lot of hard work and effort on your part.

When something comes easily to a person it isn't quite the accomplishent as it is to someone who had to struggle for the same thing.

Reading has always come easily to me. It has been a struggle for my sister. I greatly admire her ability to overcome her dyslexia and become a good reader. I don't know that I would have applied myself in her position. The same with your situation.

Just because someone else has easily breastfed longer doesn't mean their accomplishment was quite as great as struggling and achieving the same thing.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
MystikRaider
Registered Users

FANTASTIC!!! What a wonderful accomplishment! I am no where close to being a seasoned nurser myself, so I understand the "smaller" milestones if you will. I was only able to breastfeed my first for the first 3-4 weeks,due to complications from my csection, but then exclusively pumped for his first year. I got a lot of crap from my in-laws who we lived with at the time, but I knew it was what was best for him and I was determined. My 2nd is now approaching 6 mos EBF. But enough about me, again, CONGRATULATIONS, from one proud momma to another!
MystikRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Congrats!
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
lauraz76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That IS a big deal!! That is wonderful, sweet, precious, and amazing. You should absolutely be *proud* of the past 9 months, what a lucky lucky little girl. I too fight for every drop of mommy milk since day 1, with both my kiddos. Every. drop. It did not come easily for me, and I am SO proud for every day I give them mommy milk.
You go, girl. :-)
lauraz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome mama!! It is a big deal and don't let anyone tell you it's not!! Great job!!

And for that sister that is disgusted that you would feed your child a bodily fluid . . . Does she realize that milk from the store is the bodily fluid of a COW???? lol so funny how people think!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Good job! I'm always amazed at the work some mamas like you do to make sure their babies get BM. You should be proud of that.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post
Awesome mama!! It is a big deal and don't let anyone tell you it's not!! Great job!!

And for that sister that is disgusted that you would feed your child a bodily fluid . . . Does she realize that milk from the store is the bodily fluid of a COW???? lol so funny how people think!!
I've wondered the same when people say that.