Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

My DH vent for that day.

I love my husband but seriously sometimes he's so laid back it makes me crazy.

Last week I worked an extra night shift. I mean we're talking 12 hrs overnight to make time and a half because it means we will have a little extra money. We have a kindle and our kids watch amazon prime videos on it. Apparently while I was sleeping last week he was annoyed with our 4 yr old because she asked him to enter the passcode like 5 times in a row because she changed her mind like 3 minutes into an episode.

So he GAVE her the passcode. So when I wake up (you know after three whole hours of sleep after being up more than 24) I have these emails that she's purchased a bunch of videos. In fact it was $40 worth.

$40!!! I was so irritated. Like wth would you give a 4 yr old a password, isn't there a reason the password is on there... Oh that's right... because the 4 yr old is the one that ALWAYS orders stuff. Sometimes videos and sometimes actual products.

Anyway I know it's not worth fighting about and I have to let it go. It's just so frustrating. I should have just stayed home and slept lol.

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My DH vent for that day.

In our house, when something like that happens, he who made the mistake pays the bill out of their own spending money/lunch money.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my 2 year old purchased a bunch of videos on my DH's kindle (he had the parental controls turned off) Amazon was really nice about refunding my money and deleting the purchased content from my account. Might be worth a call to customer service.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

I thought about calling but I had just called the day before about something else the day before and didn't know how many free passes they'd give us now that parental controls are an option.

Also I didn't want to say "well my husband just gives out the password to our kids" lol. Not sure if they'd be able to tell if it was on or not?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn_23 View Post
So he GAVE her the passcode. So when I wake up (you know after three whole hours of sleep after being up more than 24) I have these emails that she's purchased a bunch of videos. In fact it was $40 worth.
That's crazy! My 4yo has no concept of charging stuff or the value of money, he could easily rack up hundreds of dollars! I mean...what would your DH have done if it had been much more serious than $40?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
That's crazy! My 4yo has no concept of charging stuff or the value of money, he could easily rack up hundreds of dollars! I mean...what would your DH have done if it had been much more serious than $40?
Who knows. When we first got it there were no parental controls. She regularly purchased things and they always refunded our money because there was no option to be able to lock it. The purchases were always done when he was in charge. So we had a 3 yr old that was just buying junk with no concept at all that pushing a button was obviously costing us money.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn_23 View Post
Who knows. When we first got it there were no parental controls. She regularly purchased things and they always refunded our money because there was no option to be able to lock it. The purchases were always done when he was in charge. So we had a 3 yr old that was just buying junk with no concept at all that pushing a button was obviously costing us money.
Wow. Maybe I'd set the parental controls to keep HIM out!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

Ha!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

You might be able to "return" them in your account. I accidently bought a $10 kindle book and didn't notice it until 3 days later. In my purchase history I was able to return it for instant refund, and had up to 7 days to do so.

Eta: I guess not. I just checked amazon prime FAQ and it says you can't return.

Last edited by misskira; 03-18-2013 at 09:55 AM.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
usmcwifeymissinghim
Registered Users
seller

Sometimes my kindle pops up an error message saying something about parental controls and if you click ok it just continues onto the store with the controls turned off. After the second time I called (before I figured out about the glitch) they said they wouldn't be able to refund us anymore. It's so aggravating!
Mama to Jensen Dean (Dec '08) Jeter Dawson (Nov '11) Jax Donovan (July '13) and expecting #4 in Aug '15
usmcwifeymissinghim is offline   Reply With Quote