Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
MommyIshtar
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think dd is addicted!

Dd is 10 months old and sometimes it seems like she is always attached to the boob! Lol. This is our 3rd lo, so this is nothing entirely new to me, but it's like having a newborn again. She needs boob to take a nap, wants it when she wakes up, and she's waking me up ever hour or two at night to nurse. I only nursed ds1 for a few weeks and then quit due to ongoing latching problems. Ds2 nursed until 11.5 months (my goal was a year), but I want to do extended nursing this time around. I know all my complaints go with the territory, and I certainly don't begrudge dd, just wanted to vent for a minute to others who I know will understand. Sometimes it would be nice if she preferred Daddy a little more and me a little less. Lol.

Advertisement

MommyIshtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I think dd is addicted!

LOL - I feel your pain. My 11 month old is the same way. He lives on me and nearly always has to have a booby in his mouth.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Yep, I have an 11 month old, 23lb newborn.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
MommyIshtar
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well at least I'm in good company. While I am exhausted most of the time thanks to dd's demands, I love the snuggles anyway. And I'll miss it all soon enough anyway.

I can't imagine dd reaching 23 lbs anytime soon! She's a petite little thing. But she's been on the move non-stop for the last month, so I'm sure that's caused her weight gain to slow. She's about 16.5 lbs now (born at just a hair under 7 lbs) and even that seems big to me! Lol.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ive got a 20 lb 20 month old like this. This kiddo is never going to wean. At least she says "peass?" (please) lol
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

"Peeas" LOL - That rocks. My son is at least 21 lbs and like a newborn. He is not too bad at night. During the day he is the booby master.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I have a 26 pound 2 year old that does that too. And the 6 month old which just makes me feel...greeeeeeeeeat.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
"Peeas" LOL - That rocks. My son is at least 21 lbs and like a newborn. He is not too bad at night. During the day he is the booby master.
My dd is tiny but me and dh are too so shes normal for our family. I call her the booby monster too! Lol She still sleeps with us and I stopped waking up when she nursed when she was like 9 months old. So I sleep great at least. She rolls over and latches on while asleep and I dont wake up. Dh said its really funny seeing that. Lol
Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too call my DD the boobie monster. This past month she's slowed down a lot during the day, but gone back to nearly hourly at night! I'm a single mom to only her though, so I just catch a nap with her during the day. It is great that it is just the two of us. She gets to create the schedule.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
MommyIshtar
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofthemoonsglow View Post

My dd is tiny but me and dh are too so shes normal for our family. I call her the booby monster too! Lol She still sleeps with us and I stopped waking up when she nursed when she was like 9 months old. So I sleep great at least. She rolls over and latches on while asleep and I dont wake up. Dh said its really funny seeing that. Lol
I wish that would work for us! But both myself and dd tend to turn over away from each other (back to back) after she finishes nursing. I do it because I'm always afraid I'll smother her with my boobs! Lol. They're not huge, but it still worries me. Weird, I know.