Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to bring on ovulation while BF'ing?

i agree with this! with my first baby i started solids too young (our pedi told me to start solids at 5months) and she only bf 5-6x a day at 6 months and i got my period soon after and got pregnant when she was 8 months old. My son was 15 months old and still nursing several times a day, never got a period but caught my first ovulation and got pregnant with our 4th. Now our 4th is 8 1/2 months old, barely eating any solids at all and breastfeeding throughout the day and night and so i am sure ovulating is a while away for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_k View Post
I think it's just up to your body. Don't think there's too much you can do unless you weaned fully. For some women, any amount of breastfeeding will prevent them from ovulating. I began ovulating again the soonest 9 months, the latest 14 months postpartum.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to bring on ovulation while BF'ing?

you can! i am tandem nursing my son who will be 3 in july (just at bedtime)and our youngest. if you cut down night nursing in a couple months my bet is that you will get your cycle back and get pregnant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancy Baby View Post
This is my dilemma - I don't want to stop nursing anytime soon, at least until DS is ready, but we want more kids and the time is right for us sooner rather than later I'm hoping I can continue to bf an still get pregnant!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
you can! i am tandem nursing my son who will be 3 in july (just at bedtime)and our youngest. if you cut down night nursing in a couple months my bet is that you will get your cycle back and get pregnant
This is what I would really like! Not to have to cut out night nursing all together, but enough so that we get more sleep and I get to make another baby
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote