Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

What could cause regular but very scanty period?

Hi everyone,
I'm asking for a dear friend, who is trying to find some answers. I've had four miscarriages so i understand her pain, but my issues were different so i'm unsure where to start looking to help her. She has regular periods, but they are so light that she doesn't need anything more than a pantiliner to catch spotting. She believes based on bbt that she is ovulating. She is in the middle of the barrage of blood tests and daily uterine ultrasounds, and her doctor also wants to do an HSG and uterine lining biopsy right away. To me, it seems too quick and invasive without looking at the blood results first, but where she is in Canada, there isnt much room for doctor/procedure choice.
She has an extremely stressful job that gives her constant anxiety (stage performer), in case that makes a difference. Acupuncture has made no difference, shes talking vitex and a vitamin for adrenal support.
Does anyone have any suggestions for us?
Thank you very much in advance!

Advertisement

Last edited by uncertain; 03-18-2013 at 06:59 PM.
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
TexasMelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What could cause regular but very scanty period?

I hope your friend has found some answers by now.

My periods are really, really weird. Usually very light and often not even red (TMI I know). I've had every round of tests you can do and it basically comes down to my having endometriosis. I've had two lap surgeries for it and it just really seems to mess my system up royally.

I hope your friend is doing okay and that she gets some of that figured out soon. The being in limbo is rough.
Calming the Storm
TexasMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: What could cause regular but very scanty period?

I've also heard your periods can get very light when you are getting closer to menopause (possibly prematurely?). But if that is the case, the bloodwork and ultrasound of her ovaries to count the number of follices will shine light on it.

Cindy
Old 04-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always had very light periods because I wasn't actually ovulating. It was like my body was trying really hard but just missed that mark. I didn't figure it out until I started using OPK's and none of them came up with positives. I once had a doctor look at my charts and said I was and another tried to tell me I couldn't have periods at all if I wasn't actually ovulating.

Turns out I have a dairy allergy and as soon as I quit eating dairy. Bam, pregnant. I started using OPK's last summer and got pregnant twice with them when I got positives.

It sucks that our bodies are so complicated.

Also if her BMI is very low that will cause it too.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote