Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All flats users, please tell me your opinion! :)

The only cotton flats I've ever personally used (I love them for travel) is GMD and flour sack. I've tried hemp and bamboo, and definitely prefer good ol' cotton.

With another baby on the way, I'd like to look into organic cotton options. Would those of you who use organic cotton flats PLEASE tell me your opinions of the brands you've tried? Like how well they hold up, how soft they are, how absorbent they are, how long they take to dry, sizing....

I truly appreciate any and every bit of advice I can get. I have spent HOURS looking through websites, and feel I have gotten hardly anywhere. Thank you SO MUCH mamas!!!

Advertisement

epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: All flats users, please tell me your opinion! :)

I have Ikea, Blueberry, Swaddlebees and Oso cozy- the SB are always my first pick, followed by BB- I have enough of those, so I hardly ever have to use either of the others- the osocozy are almost all dish towels now.

I prefer the SB & BB because of the serged edges- I don't like hemmed edges on the others. I think the BB are softer than the sb, and are more absorbent- but they are bigger as well. The SB are trimmer for daytime, but they don't make them anymore.

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i LOVE my diaper rite flats, but i dont think they come in organic cotton.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered Mama
I have Ikea, Blueberry, Swaddlebees and Oso cozy- the SB are always my first pick, followed by BB- I have enough of those, so I hardly ever have to use either of the others- the osocozy are almost all dish towels now.

I prefer the SB & BB because of the serged edges- I don't like hemmed edges on the others. I think the BB are softer than the sb, and are more absorbent- but they are bigger as well. The SB are trimmer for daytime, but they don't make them anymore.
Awesome; thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have SB, BB, and Osocozy. The Osocozy are more rectangular and the smallest of the three. It also has hemmed edges. The SB are in the middle of the three. They also have square edges and are serged. They are my personal favorites. The BB have rounded edges, are square, serged and the largest of the three. I have yet to use Diaper Rites or GMDs. Since I have 2.5 dozen, I probably won't order them any time soon.

TBH, Osocozy are pretty economical price wise. I can still boingo them on my 26lb toddler. If I were to buy another dozen (which I might after baby), I'd buy either Diaper Rites or Osocozy brand.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

DP

Last edited by blondeviolin; 03-23-2013 at 06:24 PM.
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Imse vimse flats are the best imo. If you can find the old unbleached ones they are the best, but the newer colored ones are super nice too.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
spcjoneswifey
Registered Users
seller

I've tried GMDs and Osocosy flats. Though I've only had the Osocozys for a week now I can already see how they are IMO lower quality than my GMDs. The material isn't quite as soft (though its not rough totally useable still), the edges are more folded up together straight out of the dryer so they're not as fun to fold, and some of them I am going to need to sew since the thread is already coming out.
spcjoneswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks, everyone! Please keep the advice coming...I really appreciate it all!