Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Tale of a CD addict

ebandive: Your babies are adorable! Loved the pictures hahaha

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My first was sposied because we lived in small town USA, no Internet access, nor any idea how to use a computer had we had one.

All I had access to was Gerber brand plastic and prefolds. I did try them. However as my daughter was prone to yeast infections sposies were better for her so I gave up. That was nearly 14 years ago.

Ds1 I used sposies until we ran out of money for diapers. Then I used our last $5 after bills were paid and bought Gerber plastic and 4 pins. For about 2-4 (can't remember exactly)months we used those with receiving blankets and the occasional tshirt. Then when ds1 was 6 months old I was given 5 dozen Gerber prefolds to use. We used those for the next 3-4 months when we had the money to buy DSQ Chinese premium prefolds, 3 Lanacare wool covers, 1 Bummis purple drawstring wetbag, 2 snappis, 6 pins, and Eucalan wool wash. He was in those until he outgrew them when thinking he would potty train soon so new cloth wouldn't be worth it I switched to sposies.

Ds2 I started with prefolds and Lanacare covers. Then I found diaperswappers. That was the beginning of the end. Now I still have prefolds and a Lanacare cover, but I also have flats, fitteds, longies, shorties, wool wraps, and other brands of wool soakers as well.

Fortunately for my husband I have never gotten into PUL covers, pockets, AIOs, or AI2s.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachoslyn View Post
ebandive: Your babies are adorable! Loved the pictures hahaha

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
keep it coming!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartzandPyrite
keep it coming!
Agreed!

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #26
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

For starters we're what you may call crunchy. We recycle, compost, bike when able, generally eco conscious couple. Interestingly, when I was pregnant with DS, the idea of cloth diaper somehow never crossed our mind. Well, to be honest, I think we were occupied, umm overwhelmed to say the least.....bottles, bassinet, pumps, layettes, onesies, I don't know?? So, while we were waiting in the reception area awaiting the highly anticipated ultrasound appointment, we came across the ad for cloth diapers in a magazine. It was either bummis or bum genius, or both. The prints and colors were just so darn cute! We looked at each other and a light bulb went off. We KNEW that's what we're going to use. We received a few BG 4.0s from the baby shower. At the time, budget was tight and we don't have family around. We wanted to go with cloth regardless, so I researched and found a diaper service in our area that was affordable. We thought it would be a good alternative until we nail down being first time parents. Well, knowing that we are do to it full time, we opted to buy our own covers in lieu of rent. Coincidentally, the hospital uses cloth and so DS's bum was cloth! A few months later, we were ready to move on and we added pockets and ai2s as our stash.

Now with dd, we're pretty much and AIO family, slowly venturing into the fitteds and wool territory. Dd has sensitive skin and would benefit from being aired out from time to time. Having two local cloth retailers nearby, one being blocks away didn't help either. Friends and colleagues thought we're nuts but we love it!! We love talking cloth and bring it up whenever possible or as it comes up in conversations. I guess you can say t
We were hooked since day 1!
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #27
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well for it started with 12 kushies classics purchased just in case I ran out of sposies for my 11 yo. I prepped them before she was born and fell in love with the cute polka dots and little yellow duckies. After she was born I used those 12 and some Gerber PF at home and sposies when out. I worked so we used a lot of sposies. Then when she was 9mo I quite working and she out grew her diapers and I bought 20 kushies ultra AIO from Kellys Closet. I still only used those at home and paper when out. I was a closet CDer and if some one came to visit I would change her to paper and his the diaper pail! I got made fun of a lot by the few who knew. Well really one lady who would make mention of it in public. And they were leaky and stinky. Lol.

Then my husband quite one of his two jobs and we found we were expecting #2 so I bought bumkins covers and lots of Gerber pfs. And used those one the two kids still using sposies a lot till I was expecting #3. Then I bought a package called Kellys Favourite Diapering System from KC it was DSQ pf, bumkjns covers and a few FB for nights. I actually bought two sets, one in smalls and one in med. We used those pockets and loved them so much I bought some wonderoos and was hooked. I returned all my sposies from my baby shower and used cloth 100% from there on out. We then bought a whole stash of wonderoos. One size pocket diapers agree what got me hooked and made me unashamed!

I have used every system out there but always come back to is pockets. I think its neat that I used the original is pocket, wonderoos.

For the last five children we have only used paper on occasion, like long vacation or nights or drought or because they were free. Every time I do I hate it, they are awful and just don't work like my cloth. Well except at night, sposies are better at night. Lol.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #28
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is so awesome!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #29
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #30
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

When I was pregnant with my first (who is nearly 13 now) I got a catalog in the mail. I can't remember where it was from but it had these rainbow serged contours and nicki's covers in it. I was intrigued mostly, I'll admit, by the cute factor. I wasn't particularly into natural living in other ways at that point, but they did look cute and soft and squishy.

I did a little bit of research (I think we had internet access already) and everything just seemed like a hug investment, so we went with a diaper service which provided us with prefolds and bsww. That went well for a couple of months but buying our own stash began to feel like a better idea, so I bought a couple dozen Premium DSQ prefolds from Granitesmith on ebay and a few bummis. That is all I used for that child. I used those for my second child also (11 now) for most of her diapering.

When she was well over 1 I discovered the MDC diapering board and got sucked into the madness. She was nearly done with diapers, though I spent plenty of time on diapers for her, but at that point but I was pregnant with baby #3 and building a newbie stash was so much fun! So my 3rd daughter was well diapered.

Sadly my fourth daughter wasn't cloth diapered at all. I think it must have been some sort of burn out. Now I am very happily cloth diapering my fifth baby. I thought this time I would keep it simple with pockets or something very streamlined, but the wool bug bit me so that's what we're all about.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote