Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #91
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Re: Pumpkin Chat 3/19-3/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
That is really neat! Wow!

Genetic testing scares me. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why some women would want to do it and am not judging at all. I had a horrible experience because of the NT ultrasound with my son. His nuchal translucency measurement was way above what it should be and they thought he had a really high risk for DS. We went through many meetings with genetic counsellors and a lot of stress and little tests. In the end he is totally fine, 100% normal. I wonder, however, if this method would more accurate and less likely to give a false positive? That would be nice.
Yep, the genetic counselor was telling me how the NT scan has around a 3.5% false positive rate and this new test is less than 1%. I'm so sorry you had a scary time. That must've been awful. I'm always a bit scared too, but we have had losses into the 2nd trimester and I'm older. If there is something going on, I am the kind of person that needs more information to be prepared. So, that's where I come at it from.

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #92
ciles
Registered Users

My Mood:
I suppose i should chatter over here too not just in the Facebook group.

Feeling a lot better these days than I was a week or two ago. 14 weeks today!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #93
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so sad. My first Dr appointment is Thursday, and I got a call today that the new Dr is moving in August! Now I have to meet two new doctors. And it took me so long to decide who to see the first time. Ugh. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #94
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Aw I'm sorry. I know how you feel. All three of my pregnancies have been with three different doctors. I hate having to switch but for me it was for the best.
I just met my new doctor today and ,thankfully, I liked him a lot.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #95
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hope you get your VBAC with this one!

Met the new Dr. He was fine, but I didn't love him. I'm excited about that since he's leaving. I did have an ultrasound, baby is measuring exact with my due date. About three ounces, heartbeat was 170. Still hoping for a boy though--Keegan's hb was high too. Now if I could only figure out what I want to do for a Dr long term. :/
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #96
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I hope you guys with new drs figure it out! It is frustrating...I have been there. I stuck with a dr Not on the same page as me throughout my first pregnancy and regretted it. I found my ob at 14 weeks with ds and I still love her! So happy I found her!

I have been feeling so much better this week! I am 13 now so hoping I'm fully past the sickies! How is everyone else feeling?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #97
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimdel View Post
I hope you guys with new drs figure it out! It is frustrating...I have been there. I stuck with a dr Not on the same page as me throughout my first pregnancy and regretted it. I found my ob at 14 weeks with ds and I still love her! So happy I found her!

I have been feeling so much better this week! I am 13 now so hoping I'm fully past the sickies! How is everyone else feeling?
I do like my new doctor and he seems genuine in helping me have a successful vbac!

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow!!! By 13 weeks I started feeling sooo much better!
This pregnancy is so different than the others. I was ravenous with the last two but this time I'm only hungry for meals. My appetite is the same as when I'm not pregnant.
I've been feeling baby move all the time now! And today I've popped! My tummy is huge!