Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Most insurance companies are covering BREASTPUMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLump View Post
Grandfathered ends when plan is renewed after August 2012. Hoops are requiring a prescription to be faxed in, which if your OB won't write one, find a new OB and then ordering from a durable medical supply company. If I remember correctly the only plans that are not required to cover them are State Run Medicare type plans. All private companies are required to, they just aren't advertising that benefit.
Not all plans were renewed in August, some were renewed January 2013. There is vaguness in how this is all written, which means some women will not be offered electric pumps but manual pumps. Grandfathered plans may not have to become compliant until August of this year; some may offer to cover a pump, some may not.

Advertisement

birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
minimamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've tried to get a pump through my insurance, but have yet to hear back. Luckily I found a great deal on a used one! Hopefully others are having better luck!
minimamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
ShirleySH
Registered Users
seller

I have BCBS Insurance and was able to get an Ameda 17070p Dual Electric for free. This offer applies only to Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance holders. It's a new benefit for the 2013 season. The pump is 100% free, no copay. The Ameda 17070p is the electric option they offer. You have to order it using the phone number below (through CVS Caremark via BC/BS). There is also a manual pump too, but I didn't get details on that.

To order the pump, just call this number: 1-800-624-5060
ShirleySH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #24
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand

Not all plans were renewed in August, some were renewed January 2013. There is vaguness in how this is all written, which means some women will not be offered electric pumps but manual pumps. Grandfathered plans may not have to become compliant until August of this year; some may offer to cover a pump, some may not.
Right. I think we were saying the same thing with the after August 2012 renewal. And yep, my insurance company offered manual until I asked "what if my doctor writes the script for a double electric?" question.
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #25
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
It depends on the insurance company. I have BCBS but I need a prescription with a diagnosis to get one, oh and a double electric is considered a "convenience" so I need to pay extra for one of those... bah
Exactly what I'm running into with NY's BCBS. I don't see how a double is a convenience at all... if I had a single, I'd have to take 2 forty minute breaks each day at work to get each side emptied for the 8.5 hours I'm away from baby. Mine is going to end up being $92 for my "free" double pump with this law change. Still better than having to buy one for full price though.
I have the script, but wasn't told it needs a diagnosis code... do you happen to know your code or have one... I could just write it on the script.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!

Last edited by amcess721; 03-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #26
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Breastfeeding Related ICD-9 Codes
Cleft palate/lip 749
Abnormal tongue position 750.1
Down’s syndrome 758
Neonatal candida infection 771.7
Breastmilk jaundice 774.39
Other transitory neonatal 775.5
Feeding problems in newborn 779.3
Abnormal loss of weight 783.2
Feeding difficulty – infant 783.3
Failure to thrive 784.4
Dysphagia 787.2
Suck reflex abnormal 796.1
Mother
Twin pregnancy post-partum condition or complication 651.04
Abscess of nipple 675.03
Infections of nipple 675.04
Abscess of breast 675.1
Nonpurulent mastitis 675.2
Other specified infection of breast and nipple 675.8
Unspecified infection of the breast and nipple 675.9
Retracted nipple 676
Cracked nipple 676.1
Engorgement of breasts 676.2
Other and unspecified disorder of breast 676.3
Suppressed lactation 676.5
Other disorders of lactation 676.8
Unspecified disorder of lactation 676.9
Dermatitis contact 692
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #27
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Definitely not "most" companies. We have pretty good insurance and it's a big company, but does not cover it at all.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #28
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
Definitely not "most" companies. We have pretty good insurance and it's a big company, but does not cover it at all.
When did your most recent policy start, and when did you call?
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #29
Momma2Nick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleySH
I have BCBS Insurance and was able to get an Ameda 17070p Dual Electric for free. This offer applies only to Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance holders. It's a new benefit for the 2013 season. The pump is 100% free, no copay. The Ameda 17070p is the electric option they offer. You have to order it using the phone number below (through CVS Caremark via BC/BS). There is also a manual pump too, but I didn't get details on that.

To order the pump, just call this number: 1-800-624-5060
Yup, this is our insurance. I'm prego still and due in July and ordered and received my Ameda double electric two months ago. They are also covering 150 storage bags every 90 days, and I can order them before baby comes too. But I love my insurance. They also pay everything related to my pregnancy and birth at 100%.

Good Luck Ladies!
Amanda, Wife to Ray, Momma to my Nicky Bean born 12/21/07 He was the coolest Christmas Present EVER! Welcomed my Easter gift, Victoria on 4/20/11 Our Summer Sweetheart, Mason came on 7/23/13. We are sooo blessed!
Momma2Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Nick View Post
Yup, this is our insurance. I'm prego still and due in July and ordered and received my Ameda double electric two months ago. They are also covering 150 storage bags every 90 days, and I can order them before baby comes too. But I love my insurance. They also pay everything related to my pregnancy and birth at 100%.

Good Luck Ladies!
me too! my birth control is $50/month but my pregnancy, hospital stay and 6 week check up is 100% paid with no deductible or co-pay. Crazy, it's like they WANT me to be pregnant LOL