Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Who's out the money? New Question Post 77

I placed an order end of December with a popular store. I knew it wouldn't ship right away because some of the diapers were on the way to her from the manufacturer. It shipped January 3rd. I'm in Canada so I didn't worry too much when it hasn't showed by the end of January. We got so many storms causing delays plus it was right after Christmas.. Anyways I was in cumminicatil. With the owner the whole time and she kept asking me to be patient and wait, it would probably show it was just slow. Anyways it never did so who should be out the money? She forwarded me the email showing she shipped it but some it was coming to Canada there was no tracking or insurance on it... I know I can't file with PayPal but I'm pretty sure I paid with credit through PayPal so wondering if I should file? I have bought from this store many many times before, it's seriously my go to store for everything... I just can't afford to eat $55 but should I?

Advertisement

Last edited by Mayghan; 04-07-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Mayghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

File.

It is the sellers responsibility to provide tracking and insurance to protect themselves in the case of a lost package, according the PayPal. But you have to file within 45 days of the initial payment.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who's out the money?

Honestly, you COULD file with paypal, but the right thing would be to eat the loss. You didn't pay insurance, and it's not really fair for the seller to have to eat the loss.

ETA: If you do a lot of business at that store, I'd let them know that it never go to you. They might be willing to send your items again or split the cost or whatever, just to keep you as a customer.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 03-21-2013 at 02:49 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

My understanding is it's the seller's responsibility to provide the insurance, whether the buyer pays for it or not. Seller is out the money.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
Honestly, you COULD file with paypal, but the right thing would be to eat the loss. You didn't pay insurance, and it's not really fair for the seller to have to eat the loss.

ETA: If you do a lot of business at that store, I'd let them know that it never go to you. They might be willing to send your items again or split the cost or whatever, just to keep you as a customer.
She's aware that it hasn't arrived...
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I guess I'd contact her once more and see how she wants to handle it. It seems she would want to keep a valued customer!!

Technically, the seller is responsible, but it's also over the 45 day limit so I'm not sure there is much that can be done.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first initial reaction would be to reach out to the owner of the shop again and try to come to a resolution. If you are a recurring customer that should definitely not be a problem.
With regards to claims my understanding is that it is the sellers responsibility to provide at least tracking information on packages because of these situations. Since you can not file with paypal because of the 45 day limit check with your CC company and see.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

deleted this comment cause some info could out the store and I didn't want that

Last edited by Mayghan; 03-21-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Mayghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

The seller is responsible to pay for insurance according to PayPal. Every time. They are responsible for ensuring that your product arrives, and the tracking and insurance is a protective measure FOR THEM to cover themselves in the event of a lost package.

In all honesty - it may be too late for you to get your money back. I'd contact the seller once more and tell them they have 24 hours to reply before you contact your cc to have the fees reversed.

The seller eats the cost, period.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is the item an item that is allowed to be shipped to Canada? Could customs have taken it? Was the dollar amount on the customs form too low so it red-flagged?
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote