Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Who's out the money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
Is the item an item that is allowed to be shipped to Canada? Could customs have taken it? Was the dollar amount on the customs form too low so it red-flagged?
I dont think so... and if they didnt believe the declared value all they had to do was open the package and find the packing slip, Im 99% sure that the seller is honest on the declared value but I never looked closely enough

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan View Post
I dont think so... and if they didnt believe the declared value all they had to do was open the package and find the packing slip, Im 99% sure that the seller is honest on the declared value but I never looked closely enough
I'm just asking because there are some things that are imported into Canada with a serious tariff markup (Adidas and Nike shoes, etc) so if you had someone send it to you, even with the amount you paid them to legally purchase it in the US, it can red flag at customs and be delayed. Flagging can be random too, which could be why you didn't have issues before.

I used to work for a US company that had international distributors, but the distributors were supposed to get their marketing stuff from us so we could control what it looked like. I sent T-Shirts and they were caught in customs for months and months. Apparently Canada wanted t-shirts to be made in Canada instead of screened in the US and shipped. It was a mess. Anyways, I always think of this when it takes me forever to get stuff to or from Canada.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good to know! Thanks

I think I decided what to do. Thanks everyone
Old 03-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The company is responsible for getting it to you. They owe you money.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Even with the new owner I don't understand why they wouldn't want to keep your business. I would be really disappointed in any store that I had to keep constant communication with to try to receive my items. I understand they are in transition themselves but it seems like they just don't care at all that are out the money and the items. I would hope after almost 3 months of patience that they would at least ask you what you wanted or offer a solution ,instead of just sending proof it was sent. Obviously no one is disputing that they sent it but you didn't get it and that shouldn't be ok with them. I would send an email saying it has been three months and since the package is lost ,you would like to know how they want to resolve this.

Last edited by booty hunter; 03-21-2013 at 04:06 PM.
booty hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think you guys should split the loss. They did send it to you, but they didn't get insurance.

I think splitting the loss 50/50 is fair.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
Honestly, you COULD file with paypal, but the right thing would be to eat the loss. You didn't pay insurance, and it's not really fair for the seller to have to eat the loss.
Um. No.

It's the seller/sender's responsibility to provide and pay for insurance. I've never understood people saying the buyer should have to pay for it?
Seller has both buyer's $$ and items, it's seller's responsibility to either get the item to the buyer safely or refund the $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
It is the sellers responsibility to provide tracking and insurance to protect themselves in the case of a lost package, according the PayPal. But you have to file within 45 days of the initial payment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resellmybelle View Post
My understanding is it's the seller's responsibility to provide the insurance, whether the buyer pays for it or not. Seller is out the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
The seller is responsible to pay for insurance according to PayPal. Every time. They are responsible for ensuring that your product arrives, and the tracking and insurance is a protective measure FOR THEM to cover themselves in the event of a lost package.
to all of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg82882 View Post
I think you guys should split the loss. They did send it to you, but they didn't get insurance.

I think splitting the loss 50/50 is fair.
Ugh. No, that's not fair at all.
I would say (and I do feel) differently if it was a personal transaction on FSOT here or something like that - in those cases, because of shipping costs, I want the seller to send stuff as cheaply as possible, which means without DC or whatnot, and I take the chance that I will lose all my $$, or at least half if the seller agreed to split the loss.
But a store? a business? Nope. No dice. They should always be sending everything with insurance. If they want the customer to be paying for that insurance, it should be all ready included in the shipping fee/cost.

OP - You paid through PP, but did you pay with your credit card by any chance? It's well past the 45 days for PP claim, though you could always call and see if there's anything they would do. But if the $$ came from your credit card, you could call them and explain the situation - I know at least with ours, we could get them to refund us everything, and they'll go after the seller themselves.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
OP - You paid through PP, but did you pay with your credit card by any chance? It's well past the 45 days for PP claim, though you could always call and see if there's anything they would do. But if the $$ came from your credit card, you could call them and explain the situation - I know at least with ours, we could get them to refund us everything, and they'll go after the seller themselves.
Ya I know that I can't do anything through PP, but Im 99% sure that I paid with my cc through paypal (to get the money back at the end of the year )
Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update - new owner did offer me a 25% off code but I declined, I don't have any more to spend on diapers now and really don't need anymore diapers (the ones that I had ordered were newborn diapers and she's outgrown them now, if they still show great Ill put them away for the next one but I won't reorder them).
Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #20
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan View Post
Update - new owner did offer me a 25% off code but I declined, I don't have any more to spend on diapers now and really don't need anymore diapers (the ones that I had ordered were newborn diapers and she's outgrown them now, if they still show great Ill put them away for the next one but I won't reorder them).
So basically she offered you 25% off if you spend more money,of course assuming the next purchase actually makes it to your door. That is great, what about the money you spent already? I am just floored ,how is that a resolution at all? I agree with the pp's who said that a business is different from FSOT. I absolutely expect a business to eat the cost,but I think splitting it with the mama on fsot is fair. In business you need to include things like this in your budget. I am just amazed she isn't at least offering you store credit. To me that is unprofessional to not at least make an offer to refund. It is always the sellers responsibility to get insurance. It says clearly on pp rules. If you don't insure it then you need to be able to replace the cost. I am not sure why business shouldn't be held to the same standard as personal sellers.

Last edited by booty hunter; 03-22-2013 at 09:56 AM.
booty hunter is offline   Reply With Quote