Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
Hillargh
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,903
My Mood:
That's bunk! Get the CC company to reverse it. They deserve the hassle at this point. How rude.

Advertisement


Last edited by Hillargh; 03-22-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #22
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central New York
Posts: 3,837
My Mood:
Re: Who's out the money?

Wow, I find that offer of 25% off, insulting, quite frankly. They sold you products, you did not receive them. You are the customer, you should not be out the money because they didn't protect themselves with insurance. They can't even prove that it WAS shipped because they failed to provide tracking... there is no way you should be out the money, and they handled this transaction VERY poorly. I would submit a claim with your credit card company, and since the company doesn't seem to care or want to resolve the transaction in a reasonable manner, I'd be leaving feedback anywhere I could - FB, review sites, etc. That's just REALLY unacceptable, IMHO.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #23
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
I would want to know who the store was so I know never to order from them. That's horrible CS.

Totally contact your cc company and see if they will reverse it since you never received your product. That's total BS.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Who's out the money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
So basically she offered you 25% off if you spend more money,of course assuming the next purchase actually makes it to your door.
I agree with the pp's who said that a business is different from FSOT. I absolutely expect a business to eat the cost,but I think splitting it with the mama on fsot is fair. In business you need to include things like this in your budget. I am just amazed she isn't at least offering you store credit. To me that is unprofessional to not at least make an offer to refund. It is always the sellers responsibility to get insurance. It says clearly on pp rules. If you don't insure it then you need to be able to replace the cost. I am not sure why business shouldn't be held to the same standard as personal sellers.
Yup, exactly. As a buyer from FSOT I would not want to pay the huge jump in cost to ship up here with DC, and I don't expect the seller to either. (Unforutunately, it's also why I hardly bother with FSOT anymore - shipping is too much, sellers sometimes want the same as new $$ for used stuff, and it saves me no $$ to buy used.)
But I store is just totally a different thing - she should always be putting insurance on every package, getting DC and tracking, or at least be ready and willing to refund fully if something gets lost on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
That's bunk! Get the CC company to reverse it. They deserve the hassle at this point. How rude.
I'd love to see her try to tell them that it's your job to get insurance when she is the sender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
Wow, I find that offer of 25% off, insulting, quite frankly. They sold you products, you did not receive them. You are the customer, you should not be out the money because they didn't protect themselves with insurance. They can't even prove that it WAS shipped because they failed to provide tracking... there is no way you should be out the money, and they handled this transaction VERY poorly. I would submit a claim with your credit card company, and since the company doesn't seem to care or want to resolve the transaction in a reasonable manner, I'd be leaving feedback anywhere I could - FB, review sites, etc. That's just REALLY unacceptable, IMHO.
and
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,465
My Mood:
Re: Who's out the money?

You could always try to file with PP. I've heard of people getting refunds past the window, it's just not likely. I'd file and escalate, then call PP and explain the situation. Tell them that you waited so long because of a shift in ownership of the business and the fact that you're not in the US. (I have no idea what the deal with the store is, just assuming from previous posts.) If that doesn't work, contact your CC company.
It is the seller's responsibility to get the product to the buyer. If the seller is too cheap to buy international insurance, then they risk being out the money.
I'd be insulted at the company's offer and leave reviews/feedback where ever possible.
__________________
Laura
Wife to H & Mom to (11) (8) (5)

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
PurpleMushie's Avatar
PurpleMushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 154
My Mood:
Re: Who's out the money?

Ugh, are you kidding me? What horrible customer service. The seller is supposed to eat the loss if something goes missing in the mail. It's their responsibility to get the item to you in the condition that you paid for it. And then they have the audacity to offer a 25% discount on your next order?! The least they could have done was offer store credit. Definitely issue a charge-back on your credit card. Companies like this make my blood boil.
PurpleMushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #27
mekjsk2000's Avatar
mekjsk2000
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,258
My Mood:
Re: Who's out the money?

I think I'm dealing with the same store as you as I just got offered a 25% coupon when my package went missing and I forgot to purchase insurance.
__________________
Melissa Mommy to DS#1 11/13/07 and DS#2 9/3/10

Melissa Kittle's Knits for Littles~Hand Knit Items~MKsKnitsforLittles
mekjsk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #28
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekjsk2000
I think I'm dealing with the same store as you as I just got offered a 25% coupon when my package went missing and I forgot to purchase insurance.
This is completely inappropriate of them! The seller is responsible for purchasing insurance - ACCORDING TO PAYPAL!! Did you pay with PayPal? I really hope you file a complaint.

Is it possible for you and the OP to tell a mod which store this is? And if its the same one I'd REALLY like to know which stores so I don't purchase from them. I'm due in October and want to buy dipes but now I'm scared to try to buy from any wahm shop online bc of this!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #29
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,508
My Mood:
Something to consider...

People complain about high shipping costs, (which just went up again) shipping from U.S. to Canada is VERY expensive as it is.
So, should a seller increase their prices and/or shipping costs to cover automatically adding insurance? That would lose a lot of customers too. If I order from a company just a state or 3 away, I don't want to have to pay the mark up to cover your insurance and ship to Canada.

Try to work something out with customer service. Let them try to find a compromise.

PayPal policies are to protect person to person transactions. Companies use PayPal is it is a way to order while keeping your credit card info secure from hackers. You didn't buy insurance, so you do need to take SOME responsibility.
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #30
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes
Something to consider...

People complain about high shipping costs, (which just went up again) shipping from U.S. to Canada is VERY expensive as it is.
So, should a seller increase their prices and/or shipping costs to cover automatically adding insurance? That would lose a lot of customers too. If I order from a company just a state or 3 away, I don't want to have to pay the mark up to cover your insurance and ship to Canada.

Try to work something out with customer service. Let them try to find a compromise.

PayPal policies are to protect person to person transactions. Companies use PayPal is it is a way to order while keeping your credit card info secure from hackers. You didn't buy insurance, so you do need to take SOME responsibility.
The problem here is that the business in question needs to decide whether they are operating as a BUSINESS or as a person to person transaction. A BUSINESS ensures that their product arrives to the customer who pays for it, or they take the loss, period. Any other approach is bad business. In a person to person transaction the seller is responsible for covering their own butts in the case of a lost package.

Either way - this seller/business shipped a package with no tracking and no insurance and it sounds like two customers are out money and diapers and the seller is only offering a discount to on their NEXT purchase. That's not good business, and not good customer service.

A seller passing the buck (person to person or a business) to the buyer by saying "well you didn't buy insurance" and then leaving the loss on the customer is crappy business AND crappy person to person interaction. And the fact that its happened more than once is unacceptable. I can see a new wahm business making that mistake once, eating the cost THEMSELVES, and then learning their lesson. If they can't afford to cover themselves, then they shouldn't be risking other people's money just to make a buck.

Hopefully this business changes their practices before more moms are out money.

OP - what did you decide to do?
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.