Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Rachaelramones
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
OPK Help! Did I O? Pic

I am new to opks. I have two negitaves but they are getting darker, one yesterday and one today. Do they do that until they get to positive? Get darker everyday I mean? I am trying for a girl so we are going to avoid once I get a serge or a day before if we can. I have no way of knowing what CD I am on because I have not had a PPAF.

Here is a picture. Did I miss the LH surge or is it all neg? They turned stark white today!

Advertisement

Rachael, wife to Cody, Mother to three boys, Elijah(9/07), Ben (8/09), & Silas (8/11)TTC#4

Last edited by Rachaelramones; 04-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Rachaelramones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: OPK Help!

Before my PPAF my OPKs were all over the place. Sometimes they would get progressively darker and then suddenly be very light again without every being positive, sometimes they would be dark one day, light the next, then darker again the third day, etc. I never did actually get a positive before PPAF, I think that first cycle must have been anovulatory for me.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

No - there is no rhyme or reason to them usually. One day they may get darker and another day they may get lighter or have only one line. It means nothing more than it is negative. I would not rely on that for gender selection.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

You should also be testing twice a day to accurately catch your surge. If you're only testing once a day it's possible to miss if you surge in the evening.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
You should also be testing twice a day to accurately catch your surge. If you're only testing once a day it's possible to miss if you surge in the evening.
I agree.
When I know I am getting closer I test in the morning and early evening.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Rachaelramones
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: OPK Help! Did I O? Pic

Updated todays test! I have no clue how to read these!!!!
Rachael, wife to Cody, Mother to three boys, Elijah(9/07), Ben (8/09), & Silas (8/11)TTC#4
Rachaelramones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Did you test before 3/21? It would be helpful to see those. Based on your pic it looks like you may have on 3/19 or 3/20. You could be seeing the tail end there.

If I were you I'd test everyday to see what happens. When a second line starts to appear I'd test twice a day, once in the am and once around 7ish. If you do this for a solid month or two you should see a pattern emerge. I'd also buy internet cheapies since you might test daily.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
Old 03-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

They are all just negative. Keep testing. OPKs have no rhyme or reason on line strength. They do not get darker as ovulation draws closer. One day the 2nd line may be there and the next day none at all. Keep testing until you get a line as dark or darker than the control line. That will be a positive.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
They are all just negative. Keep testing. OPKs have no rhyme or reason on line strength. They do not get darker as ovulation draws closer. One day the 2nd line may be there and the next day none at all. Keep testing until you get a line as dark or darker than the control line. That will be a positive.
Mine did every month I used them. The sticks in my fertility monitor did the same. I would use the monitor in the AM and OPK's in the PM.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
Mine did every month I used them. The sticks in my fertility monitor did the same. I would use the monitor in the AM and OPK's in the PM.
You got lucky then. Most people have irregular readings. Knowing that helps them not to worry that something is wrong when it is not.