Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Get my DD out of my bed!

We have Co-slept for the life of my kiddo. She loves our bed. Spends tons of time in it. In fact sometimes we will hang out in the living room and she will go into out bedroom and just chill and hang out and watch TV.She loves sleeping with us. When it's just she and I in bed it's no issue. However, when her dad's home it's an issue. There is just NOT enough room in there any longer with him tossing and turning and her sleeping RIGHT next to me. She also pushes off the covers in her sleep at well=ANNOYING. It's also becoming an issue when her dad is trying to nap before work (he works mids) and she wants to go in and watch TV which normally isn't a big deal but she climbs ALL over him and keeps him awake.

I tried putting her bed on the floor. She won't sleep in it...at all. Won't even hang out on it. She has gone into the bedroom once and fallen asleep on it..that was a looong time ago. I considered moving her toddler bed into our room as well to actually have a "bed" but not 100% sure if this is going to solve this issue or not.

HELP

Advertisement

Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
addicteddad
Registered Users

Re: Get my DD out of my bed!

Our DS co-slept with us up until the past couple months. He is 2yrs 3mos right now.
We have a big BR, and have a twin bed in there a few feet away from our bed. DS sleeps in their every night & nap now, and doesn't even get in our bed anymore.

We've always encouraged naps in there ever since we had it available, and gradually started him in there at night as part of the BF weaning process. I guess it took a couple weeks overall, but it all happened together. We started weaning while he was in our bed, moved him down to his, at which point he would sometimes come join us in the early morning hours, then eventually he just stayed in his bed until 730-830 am at which point he gets up and climbs up in bed saying "hi mom, hi dad. Avery's up."

ETA: we do not have a TV in the BR, but our son is notorious for sleeping with nothing but a diaper or else he hates covers. So, it was no clothes which allowed us to use a comforter.

Last edited by addicteddad; 03-22-2013 at 01:36 PM.
addicteddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Yes my hubby sleeps on recliner as my toddler has claimed the other side. She just went for nap in toddler bed today. hope we.can moveher to sister room soon since other its office without doors on closet to keep little hands out of.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: Get my DD out of my bed!

We side-carred dd's crib with our bed when she was about 2.5 and she usually stays there for part of the night. She does like to squish in after we're asleep and I don't notice her in time, though.