Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Physical traits

Did your child/children get any physical traits from you you wish they wouldn't have? I love my child, he is completely adorable but he has my unibrow. UGH. I hate it on myself and its not so dark that you would usually notice it on him but I'm hyperfocused on it on him. I know when he hits the teen years he will be wanting that thing waxed off (my brothers both have it too and get theirs waxed). Poor kid.

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Everyone says my 2 sons look just like me and it bothers me... I feel guilty... I'm glad DD looks like DH
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Well, I had very large breasts starting in 7th grade and I was sexually harassed by boys in my school nearly every year. My first daughter is very petite and lean, but I fear my second daughter will take after me as far as body type. She is only 10 and while she barely has breast buds, she already displays signs of a curvy figure. She has a tiny, tiny waist with big hips, a big booty, and big thighs. She is perfect, of course, but I hope she doesn't develop super large breasts as she grows older.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Physical traits

Physical I don't know I mind any other than my flabby tummy after 3 kids that I can think of at the moment like the uni brow but there are others like in personality and habits and like. For instance

I hope kids all get husband's faster metabolism...he is taller than I in height but avg for height overall. Husband is better at night driving.

I seem to have the slighter higher level of patience though.I scar easily so I hope they don't get that like from puberty and slight falls not just the big gashing falls.I'm better at multitasking. I pick my lips when dry that I hope they don't take as a life habit or scratching hair if dry scalp as I seem to do it. I started puberty early so I hope that I have a little time before that although my oldest has lasted longer than I did as I would have started puberty already and she hasn't knock on wood....lol.

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 03-26-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: adding to thought
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DD2 inherited my under eye circles. We always look tired, unless we're ACTUALLY tired, then we look exhausted! :/
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Only thing they got from me was a horrible working nose!! Always stuffed other than that they look like their dads...oldest is from a previous relationship and he looks just like his dad... My other 3 look so much like dh that its sick!!! Lol...a co worker just called our newbie a rerun because they all look the same!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Both my hubs and I are short and have to work really hard to keep weight off. Neither of us is what you call find boned so staying relatively slim is a constant struggle. I really hope my girls somehow miraculously develop fast metabolism and slender builds. I don't want them to have to work do hard at it like we do!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is so far a perfect combo of my husband and I. She got the best of everything. I seriously couldn't believe it when she was born. She's chubby at 3, but I have gotten over it for myself and for her. My son has my thinner lips, so I'm sorry that he got that from me. Neither one got my blue eyes, though!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD has under eye circles from me but that very well could be allergy related (also from me). Not so much a physical trait but she also got my loose joints. Combined with low muscle tone makes her injury prone (same as me) and she will not likely ever be athletic, most of the time she isn't even in line with her age group for gross motor. Not really a physical cosmetic trait but probably the thing I passed on to her that I hate the most- that and the allergy gene.

She has my stature so she will be small most of her life. makes her look delicate- which she kind of is, but she looks way more delicate then she actually is. DS on the other hand my height and dh's weight. So unless he shoots up he's going to be a stocky little thing. I hope he shoots up and ends up tall like dh.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My ODD has a unibrow and lip hair, poor thing, but it's not from me. What's funny is that I was happy she didn't get my long nose - I always hated it - but she has been complaining wishing she had a longer nose with a bump like mine. She thinks its more interesting. Ha. No one is ever satisfied.