Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do I fold a dish towel on a newborn?

So it finally sunk in. Using cheap T towels or dish towels for newborn prefold/flats. I have some ikea thin dish towels. I just checked the saturated absorbancy and it's about 7.5-8oz which is more than fine for a newborn (joey bunz small hemp is 4oz from my tests).

This especially makes since for me since we have plenty of infant prefolds and probably only need the smaller size for a few weeks.

But how would i attached it? It's much bigger than a newborn prefold and it's not square for a flat. Should I cut and hem it into a square? what would you do?

thanks

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you cut and hem it you could use the other piece to make a doubler that's what I would do
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I fold a dish towel on a newborn?

walmart washcloths are jut about the same size as NB GMD prefolds and super cheap
starbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly679 View Post
If you cut and hem it you could use the other piece to make a doubler that's what I would do
Interesting, maybe instead of cutting it I can fold the extra piece in the middle and sew it down. Like how a prefold has more layers in the middle.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-22-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Totally! If you do post pics, I want to see!
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
bobbs7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbeam View Post
walmart washcloths are jut about the same size as NB GMD prefolds and super cheap
Wow, really?? Why don't more people do this?
'ing,'ing, part-time working out of the house, full-time in the house, mom-mom to Jackson Philip 11/28/09 , Levi Garrett 5/18/12 , and Aria Joye 4/16/14, and wife to my best friend and male clone Matthew since 10/6/06.

~forever thankful to have been saved by Grace~
bobbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
We use wash cloths like from jcp. Pockets as we use sponges in shower. Only hubby uses when he shaves So only need few wash cloths. Have lots of hand towels... sew in middle like prefold. I made towel inserts with my mom as they were really thin & we have lots of bath towels too.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was playing last night. The towel is 18x22. So if I was making a ~11x11 prefold if I fold in half then fold up in the middle it would actually make a 2x4x2 prefold which they normal are! I was planning on doing this will T-shirts too