Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Found my answer! Please delete :)

I currently sell Scentsy and just started a couple weeks ago. My moms been in the hospital so now is really the first time I've been able to work towards any sales.

Every month we have a new scent and warmer of the month. I get the kit that includes both - part of this is 11 bars of the scent of the month. I want to make the bars into samples and then send them out/give them out to customers or potential customers along with the special scent/warmer of the month fliers. I would pay the cost myself. In the long run as long as I sell 3 warmers a month it would pay for itself, and that's if I have to mail every single one - which isn't likely. I should definitely be making more than $15-$20 a month, and it can bring in 50+ new/returning customers monthly.

Do you think this is a good idea as a customer and as a sales person?

It would be to people IRL and offered to people online. I have a YouTube channel starting out and I plan on offering it to people to try. If they place an order with me that month I can send it to them again the following month - and if they don't order I still have their information and can contact them again later.

Opinions?

Advertisement

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 03-31-2013 at 09:06 AM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Idea, and would you be interested in this as a customer?

Honstly, I go to sommanynthings and have lays gotten the tiny sample size scenery things in the goody bags that I haven't needed to buy any melts. Mil gave me my warmer...

Thet sample I got was a flower shaped lollipop and had a saying about being good to sell but not to eat.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Right. But if you were curious about Scentsy would it help sway you? I'm not going to keep sending samples month after month after month to people who shows no interest in actually buying. I couldn't afford that especially once numbers start climbing. Lol
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
justsamma
Registered Users
seller

I just made about 30 samples last night. I don't have much of a following at the moment but I'm hoping that will change & I plan to send samples out to customers with their catalog each months. First time customers & larger orders will get more.
Getting and using samples is what made me make the switch from cheaper brands of melts to Scentsy. I think they are important in spreading your name & the product.
IMO, it is worth it.
justsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

It would interest me. I'm very very hesitant about scents until I try them myself. If I don't have to shell out a ton of money to try it or to sample other fragrances I might like that would make me a customer for sure.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
mommie2_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think its a good idea. I love Scentsy and am always interested in the new scents of the month but am afraid to purchase a whole bar just in case I dont like it.
mommie2_4 is offline   Reply With Quote