Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

What could cause ovulation but no period?

Does anyone have any insight or personal experience with this?? My very dear friend has had ovulation confirmed by daily ultrasounds and blood draws, but she has been getting only a small amount of spotting as her period. She isn't pregnant, and they haven't said that they've seen any kind of blockages on her ultrasounds. Her doc won't consult with her until she's had every test (HSG, endometrial biopsy, etc) done first, and we are both going crazy trying to search for information and finding nothing! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Advertisement

uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: What could cause ovulation but no period?

The corpus luteum is still producing too much progesterone to get AF in full. Once it dies her period should come.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! They've told her that her lining is "a bit thin", but not super thin, and this is repeating every month - ovulating, then super scanty period, over and over, so it seems that the corpus luteum is doing its thing, progesterone drops, and her cycle starts over - minus a regular amount of AF. Just can't figure out why almost no blood is coming out!
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

If her lining is too thin this would be why her AF is light. Could be that she is ovulating weak and the egg is not mature enough to trigger a healthy progesterone level. Her lining should be 7 mm by ovulation due to enough estrogen. Then after a strong ovulation it would get even thicker from the progesterone secreted by the corpus luteum.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

My friend had this happen to her. The US never really showed anything so they did exploratory surgery. Turns out she had pretty bad endometriosis. Her progesterone level was fine every month as well. She just had the surgery about a month ago. We are waiting to see if it worked for her.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know mountainmeadowherbs.com has some great formulas to regulate female cycles (HB formula and T&C formula). I have a history of pretty significant endometriosis with a many surgeries over the years, many bouts of infertility and 2 times after using the T&C formula I became pregnant the first month after using. They can regulate hormone levels and clear out endometriosis if that is the problem. There is a chat feature or a phone number to call, the person I spoke with was extremely helpful to me. This is a great option, as I have found that when surgery is done for endometriosis, often scar tissue forms which can cause more pain/fertility problems and it can be a vicious cycle requiring many more surgeries over time. I hope that is helpful!
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
hannahransom
Registered Users

Generally low hormone levels if there is no blockage. Is she underweight?
hannahransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are lots of dietary things to try that are traditionally known to enhance fertility. Whole milk products, eggs (fish and chicken), oysters...what is her diet like?