Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Phonics Pathways vs. Spell to Write and Read

Are these comparable programs at all? I know phonics pathways is phonics and the latter is spelling, but it seems like it includes phonics, too. Is this right? Anyone tried both? I like the idea of Cursive First and that supposedly complements SWR, but I've never seen any of these in person. Also, ETC is highly recommended and supposedly is a good supplement to phonics pathways, so would phonics pathways + etc + cursive first be better than SWR + cursive first?

Advertisement

Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Re: Phonics Pathways vs. Spell to Write and Read

Has anyone used Spell to Write and Read? Is it a solid phonics program on its own?
Slave to my

Last edited by TypeAMom; 03-27-2013 at 05:44 PM.
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Phonics Pathways vs. Spell to Write and Read

Spell to Write and Read is a Spalding spin off. I heard good things about it but haven't used it. SWR is a multi-sensory program that teaches reading through spelling. Once they have a certain amount of the curriculum done you just give the kids books. SWR is a solid choice for a reading program. I like teaching kids to read by having them learn phonograms and then moving on to spelling. You don't need a reading program to go with it.

I just started using phonics pathways and so far I like it for my ds. There is spelling included in phonics pathways. I am going to give it a try to see if it works but so far I like what I see and ds doesn't mind his lessons. I like how it starts with 2 letter blends before moving into 3 letter blends. I do the spelling described with each lesson because I think ds will learn more through spelling. I am also teaching him all the phonograms which is not included as part of it PP.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 03-27-2013 at 10:43 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote