Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Blogspot or Wordpress?

I'm finally planning my blog and trying to decide which I want to use. Which do you prefer and why??

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It depends on what you want. I am switching to wordpress because I have outgrown my blogger blog. I am taking my URL with me and what not but I blog professionally so I need to.
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellEBeanDesigns
It depends on what you want. I am switching to wordpress because I have outgrown my blogger blog. I am taking my URL with me and what not but I blog professionally so I need to.
Thanks!

Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
bronwynhb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blogspot or Wordpress?

If you're going to blog professionally then I'd use WordPress, but if it's just for fun then go with Blogger
bronwynhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
jengojengo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Self hosted wordpress if it's for business
Old 04-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had a family blog with Blogger for 7+ years now. I haven't always been happy with it, and I am terrified that one day I will just go to it and blogger will say something like "you can't go here from an Apple product" but I am happy other then that. I do have a back up PC just in case. Apple and Google are in a war if you didn't know.

Blogger I think is on par for my needs with wordpress and at this point and 1226 posts, 1120 comments, I am a bit scared to move to wordpress.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

wordpress. I know A LOT of people and I myself have had issues with blogger just removing our blog because of their own stupid reasons. I trust them about as far as I can throw them. I had a blogger blog with 300+ followers and they just removed it! I was PEEVED. NEVER again will I deal with them. I won't even follow a blog that is on blogger im still so peeved about it.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
Jessie M
Registered Users

If you want to go the free route go for blogger.com (blogspot).

If you want to have a professional blog get a .com domain and setup a wordpress script on it and it will make your life much easier plus it'll look much professional.
Jessie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
thisismiss
Registered Users
seller

Wordpress. I started off on Blogger and now I wish I hadn't. I am planning on making my move to Wordpress while my blog is still young, but I am nervous about making the move. At least I don't have many posts or a url yet so it should be fairly simple. Save yourself the headache and worry and just start with Wordpress!
thisismiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismiss
Wordpress. I started off on Blogger and now I wish I hadn't. I am planning on making my move to Wordpress while my blog is still young, but I am nervous about making the move. At least I don't have many posts or a url yet so it should be fairly simple. Save yourself the headache and worry and just start with Wordpress!
I went with blogger, and have a URL and so far so good. I've used Wordpress before and I find blogger to be much more user friendly.