Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

2 yo dd right foot turns in

I have noticed since dd was born that her right leg was slightly more curved then the left. She is 2 years 3 months and now I'm noticing her right foot is turning in. It doesn't turn when she is walking. It happens more when she runs, hops, jumps, does the steps, marches, etc.
Her Dr said its nothing, but it's sticking in my head and I'm noticing it more and more...
Any ideas?? Btdt?

Advertisement

ccserrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I

Last edited by mmmom; 04-21-2013 at 10:57 AM.
mmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2 yo dd right foot turns in

My daughter used to have that problem, my (awesome but we moved)ped said they used to correct it but recent research has shown it tends to work itself out as they age and to do nothing unless its inhibiting them.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. That is what my mom said to do but when I tried it for a few days it didn't change at all.

I don't know if I should ask for an xray, see an ortho, or get a second opinion.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
AngelTV83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am not help my niece has one foot that turns I. And she is 5 and it still turns in. Her ped said she would out grow it. It is better then it was but still turns in some. Mil and I are the only ones bothered by it. Her dad wore braces on his legs when he was little for both his feet. Trust your instincts. I had fil Pt look at her legs when she was little and said she should be doing stretches to help.

Due May 2013
AngelTV83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
7mom7
Registered Users

Our son's foot did this too. Our doctor actually mentioned it to me at his well visit. She said it usually corrects itself and to make sure we get him properly fitted for shoes. We use Clark's or Nordstrom's. He's five now and you can still see a bit more curve in the one foot but he runs super fast and it hasn't affected him at all.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2 yo dd right foot turns in

DD2's foot and leg are like that, we saw a ped. last year who said she is looser in the hip on that side and most likely turns her leg in as she tries to hold it stiff. They want to see her every 6-12 months and otherwise wouldn't do anything at all until she is 8 or 9 if it hasn't improved. Just that we should encourage her to run, jump, skip, ride a bike (isn't happening, she just can't pedal!) and be in sports like gymnastics/dance etc to keep her moving.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
ccserrano
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone. I made the mistake of looking it up on Google last night... I knew I shouldn't have !
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
BlondieMomma
Registered Users
seller

My dd's foot did this too. Our old ped wanted to put braces on her legs. I said no because I wanted to give it time. Our dd has been in ballet since age 3 and I'm convinced that having her in dance with a good teacher helped correct the problem. Her teacher worked with her and taught her proper form and technique. Being in front of the large mirrors helped make her aware of her own stance and gait, and because she could see herself she would correct herself. She had to learn to fix her footing in order to do the leaps and turns. She's 8 now and her foot doesn't turn in anymore. Idk if dance is what fixed it or not, but I do know that it helped her tremendously.