View Poll Results: Would this bother you?
Yes 7 87.50%
No 0 0%
Other 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Would this bother you?

My sister has two kids ages 10 and 2, she is a stepmom of a 13 yo and a 18 yo. When her stepkids are at their dad's house, the 13 yo has been taking pictures of my 2 yo nephew but in a very sneaky manner, like taking the 2yo in the bathroom, taking pictures of them and putting them on her facebook and then blocking my sister, my mom and I from her facebook. She also makes comments on the photos of my nephew like the one in bathroom said 'this is what I wake up to every morning' even though she hadn't been there in over a week. Yesterday she shared a picture of my 10 yo niece ready for her first baseball game and my sister put her foot down on her daughters facebook to please not share anymore pictures. My niece posted on her picture 'Please ask me before posting any pictures of me or my brother first E....thanks yes I do know how to hit that ball....'

Well a war shortly ensued between the two girls about asking
E wrote 'Well then "k" I would like your mom to ask before she posts anything about my mom, oh and dad doesn't care'

K wrote 'this is k and what are you talking about'

K wrote 'dad wants to see them first and my mom too they are the parents'

then my sister wrote 'k and my sister brought this to my attention anyone can check my wall and see that I have not used your moms name or judged her character on my face book account....I was the one who invited your mom to easter.......anyways we only share our photos with close friends and family....I don't know all of your friends dear...and my account was just hacked...so thanks for understanding....

So at 1:30 in the morning I got a message from her mom
'E shared the whole "K picture thing" with me earlier this evening. I held my tongue until I could not. She asked me not to say anything to any of you.. she loves you all so much!! But, being a mom... and I think you can understand the "mom" point here....... I felt that I had to say something to you at least. So. there you have it. and now it's close to bed time!! good night, Jess. Blessings to you and your kids. Love you all so much.

and then

'E loves you to the moon and back. She always talks to me about things that confuse her or bother her (hence, the K picture and comments.) You do not need to apologize. She honestly does only just simply love her siblings. She would die for them. (she told me that and THAT freaked me out!!! but that's what she said, and she meant it!!). I will see you on Sunday and give you a huge hug because, I love you!!'

Is it just me? my kids would have their devices taken away for being sassy like that. WWYD?? It seems like the mom is missing the point here, my sister just wants the secretive posting and taking sneaky pictures to stop, not make this 13yo feel bad.

Advertisement

earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Would this bother you?

Sorry I am a little confused, are the pictures bad or mean in anyway??? Or is she just posting them on her facebook???
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They are not bad, her own pictures however are questionable. My sisters is just not okay with her posting them without asking the parents permission first and wants her to stop taking photos of her kids in secret, like in the bathroom.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

If the common denominator is Dad, he needs to step in with some rules and consequences. He needs to have a discussion with each of the moms of his children on how they want to approach Facebook and pictures with their respective children.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I think I am missing some parts here.

And, it doesn't make any sense at all (unless there is a part missing) that the mom would basically say, "Well, I feel have to say something at this point.... ok, have a nice night." What? She didn't SAY anything. Nothing. Not "This needs to stop" or "your sister is wrong" or "my kids messed up, sorry" .... nothing was said. Except "I need to say something." That's weird.

I also don't understand what you mean when you say the kids are being sassy. But, Sassy to me means talking back, mouthing off, etc.

As far as older kids taking pics of younger kids and then posting them with rude captions - YES - That would be a huge, gigantic, sirens blaring in my head, lights flashing --- NO NO NO! It is completely inappropriate for the 13 y/o to be taking "sneaky" pics of the younger kids. It's even BEYOND inappropriate that the 13 y/o took pics of the little one in the bathroom. And it's BULLYING behavior for the 13 y/o to then post those pics with snarky, nasty comments.

I don't think I understand the entire scenario, but I do know that if the picture thing wasn't handled by the adults that needed to handle it, I would be looking for a way to either end any visits with the older kids, or to be there all the time to supervise any visits that took place.

The fact that the 13 y/o is sneaking around taking pics, and then taking pics in the bathroom of little kids, that just really puts the hair up on the back of my neck. That is so so so so so NOT okay.... in ANY context.

Last edited by Kiliki; 03-26-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
The fact that the 13 y/o is sneaking around taking pics, and then taking pics in the bathroom of little kids, that just really puts the hair up on the back of my neck. That is so so so so so NOT okay.... in ANY context.
this is what I got from this.

the rest doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Me too. The instant a.13 year old took a pic in the bathroom the phone and Facebook would be gone.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Im confused too, honestly.

But if your sister doesn't want pictures of her kids to be viewable by anyone she doesn't know, then she should talk to the other mom about it. If the other sis doesn't stop posting pics of them, all I can think of is, maybe take away her camera when she comes over?
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I am sorry OP, I have read this a few times to see if I could understand and I just can't understand your post.

All I could understand was when you said the older child is sneaking the youngest child into the bathroom and taking pics. THAT would NOT be allowed and I would be throwing a fit, IF I was mom/stepmom/dad.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I am sorry OP, I have read this a few times to see if I could understand and I just can't understand your post.

All I could understand was when you said the older child is sneaking the youngest child into the bathroom and taking pics. THAT would NOT be allowed and I would be throwing a fit, IF I was mom/stepmom/dad.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote