Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Okay, I have a lot of diapers for sale and I took some group pictures of outers and inners and posted them. After a few days I offered to split the lot in half and sell in a lot of 5. I received a PM overnight asking for closeup pics. I get the PM in the afternoon and asked if there were any specific requests, and she says she wants to see them all. So I spend a good 30 minutes taking pictures of 10 diapers, outers/inners/detailed pics, upload them, and then send her the link. She doesn't respond for a few hours, and I have a few people PMing me, telling me they want the diapers. I tell them they are pending and I will let them know if they fall through, etc.

Later on in the evening, the person responds, asking me the pricing on 5 of them (which is pretty clearly listed in the OP). I originally misunderstand her and think she only listed 4, so I tell her I'm selling in lots of 5 at minimum. She responds that she listed 5, and I'm like oh DUH I misunderstood you. I told her the price... And that was at 1am and I haven't heard back since. I went to PM her today at 2pm and noticed she was online, so I just sent her a PM asking her if she wanted the diapers, and to let me know either way because I have 2 people waiting. No response... She's online, she's been posting and its been over an hour.

Would you wait some more, or move on? I kinda feel like I'm being led on and I'm ready to move onto the next buyer, but of course I want to be fair and not rude. I'm not sure how to proceed!

Advertisement

Last edited by madebymommy; 03-26-2013 at 01:28 PM.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I'd move on.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Cherise1502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how would you proceed?

Definitely move on if you have others interested
Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Thanks. That's what I'm going to do, I feel like I've given her enough time and its time to move on!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Good. I would only wait if they've asked for your Paypal address and you've given it to them. Even then though, I would only give 24 hours.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

I move on unless addy has been given.
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
WELL, while I waited for her, my other interested buyers moved on oh well
Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
WELL, while I waited for her, my other interested buyers moved on oh well
This is why I don't wait ever! I have gotten burned so many times. As a buyer I get so annoyed waiting to see if something I want will actually sell,so I usually just move on and try to find it somewhere else. All is fair in love and diaper sales!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is why I say MONEY talks. Pay me, they are yours. Simple. Too many people walk away from buys. I need the money. Money talks in my world. But then I update other mama. With a sorry they sold. Take care. Pm
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
linzerin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This sorta happened to me. I listed a large lot, I had a buyer interested in 4 diapers and was wanting to know I total, I messages her back asking for her zip code (to calculate shipping so I could give her a final price) And her pp addy.

I didn't hear back from her until 12 hours later, so in the meantime, I had a buyer that was interested in my entire lot so I sold it to her.

I PM'd the original mama back after she got back to me tonight, to tell her that the items had sold. She kindly responded that her experience was a listing was pending if a pp addy was requested.

Is this spelled out somewhere? I feel like until I invoice someone, the listing is up for whomever gets back to me first with their address. Am I wrong?

I just want to mention this mama was very kind and tactful in her response, I'm just trying to learn the ropes for any future listing I might have.
linzerin is offline   Reply With Quote