Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

MIL took my daughter to get her hair cut

I'm bawling, this is ridiculous.

She's had masses of hair since birth, and at less than two she had gorgeous thick hair all the way down her back to her waist.

And I said I'd stay home so I could work, and that I wanted her hair long enough to put in a pony tail, still below her shoulders.

And she's just come back in with a bob, and of course she looks beautiful, and of course it'll grow back, and Jammy is completely oblivious but apparently had a blast at the ****ty little salon (they cut it unevenly) but she doesn't look like my girl anymore and I'm so shocked and sad.

My MIl kept going on (nicely) about "doesn't she look beautiful" and "she loved it, you should have seen her" and she just wouldn't stop, so I fled.

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIL took my daughter to get her hair cut

I would have reemed that woman out!! who the hell does that? wtf?

(I reread and you let her get haircut... oh ok. thats totally different) I would be upset at most at the cut length but would be LIVID if she just took her without your permission

Last edited by homebirthmom; 03-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and I see your daughter the side and I would be bawling too. you need to yell at the MIL tho. that was not her right. i cannot even believe people do this crap.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sorry that happened I'd be upset as well.

I thought at first that MIL didn't have your permission to get her hair cut at all... but I see that she just didn't follow directions on length, is that right?

that's still really upsetting.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would be upset too. I hope it grows back quickly. I can't believe your MIL would do that!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Oh no. I am so sorry.

Is there any way your MIL misunderstood your instructions to leave enough to put in a ponytail?? Or didn't hear that part? Or something?

I would come unglued. And my DD1's hair is not even nice and thick, it's thin and scraggly. I'd still scratch out someone's eyeballs if they cut it all off without my conent or knowledge.... oy vey
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand

Dh was cutting his own hair in the bathroom the other night with a size 0. He set the clippers down for a sec and ds2 (apparently) picked them up and gave himself a bald spot on the top front.so dh did his whole head. my baby has 1/4" long hair now.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I'd be livid. My mom did that to my boys. They had nice floppy hair and she decided she didn't like it, so she took the scissors and hacked off a bit on the front...nothing else. Had to cut it so short to make it look even remotely decent. She didn't see them for a good month after that and she kinda got the idea not to do it anymore. I'd personally ream out your mil, but that's just me.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
lissa~K
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've almost never had a hairdresser for myself or any of my children cut off the amount I've specified. Seriously, it hasn't seemed to matter what the price point of the salon has been, I just seem to have incredibly bad luck with stylists. (or really p*ss poor descriptive skills maybe )After a particularly upsetting experience with my third child's first haircut I gave up and now I cut everyone's hair myself. I'm sorry that you are upset, her hair will be just as lovely again in the future!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It might not have been MIL's instruction to cut that short. I have had a stylist (more than once) cut too short and once they cut, there isn't much else to do but tell your child (or yourself) that it looks great and wait for it to grow back.

I don't really get upset about stuff like that which may make stylists feel like they can take more liberty. I guess if I gave off a nervous vibe they would be more careful. My oldest is insanely attached to her long hair and stylists always show her exactly where they will cut and make sure she's ok with it because they can tell she's nervous about it.