Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl
Lol Glue sticks!! Much less messy...sometimes lol
Until your child decides to use a glue stick to glue things to the wall...

Advertisement

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #12
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever
Your DD was quite observant concerning the drying time.
That's what I thought too. Consider that a parenting win!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
R055ANA
Registered Users

Re: Parenting Fail

Thanks for the great pic! I would just take all that glue and scoop it right back into the bottle. More than half made it onto the paper so that was pretty good!

To those who loved putting glue on their hands and peeling it I did/do to. I also LOVE to pick off dried glue of the glue bottles. Wish I had some now : )

A couple wks ago we find some liquid on the floor in the kitchen. DD1 thought she dripped something from her plate and wiped it up. DH come down to eat and their is more dark liquid in the floor. After a few minutes of investigation we discover DD3 who is 8 yrs old had opened a bottle of soy sauce and put it back in the kitchen drawer tilted at an angle and not completely closed. It dripped onto lots on that drawer, onto the drawer below it and unfortunately into the bottom of the cabinet where it couldn't be reached unless we pulled the cabinet from the wall.

I would gladly take the glue spill over the soy sauce spill any day.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:
My 3 yo yds has been climbing up into the art closet and getting out the paint. My and DH look around where's N? Enter his room and there he is covered in paint as well as the floor and various other art supplies having a grand time. It takes him about 2.5 secs to get in trouble (hence the frantic looking for him) Another time I hear water in the bathroom (he has flooded our house 2x in the past 6 months) and I rush around the corner demanding why he was in the bathroom. He looks at me like I'm crazy and says/signs potty which is what he was doing- no mess involved.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0mof6 View Post
My 3 yo yds has been climbing up into the art closet and getting out the paint. My and DH look around where's N? Enter his room and there he is covered in paint as well as the floor and various other art supplies having a grand time. It takes him about 2.5 secs to get in trouble (hence the frantic looking for him) Another time I hear water in the bathroom (he has flooded our house 2x in the past 6 months) and I rush around the corner demanding why he was in the bathroom. He looks at me like I'm crazy and says/signs potty which is what he was doing- no mess involved.

DD cut a hand-sized hole in her favorite pants while they were doing crafts at DC yesterday . DC called me to let me know, then relayed the message back to DD, "I'm sorry, you knew that was naughty, now your favorite yoga pants have to go in the garbage." Her response? A nonchalant, "That's okay, I still have purple ones at home."
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Reminds me of the time I left DS alone for 30 seconds and he found a full tub of Mod Podge, pried it open and dumped it on his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post

DD cut a hand-sized hole in her favorite pants while they were doing crafts at DC yesterday . DC called me to let me know, then relayed the message back to DD, "I'm sorry, you knew that was naughty, now your favorite yoga pants have to go in the garbage." Her response? A nonchalant, "That's okay, I still have purple ones at home."
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hmph, well you know, of course we usually buy Annie's (we totally don't & we've been eating Cheez-Its like they're going out of style)

The last time I wasn't supervising, DD was eating a snack of pretzels & cream cheese (another parenting fail). Looked up from my computer to see a forest on my coffee table. DD had broken all of her pretzel sticks in half, dipped them in cream cheese, and stuck them to the coffee table. I of course pulled a, "WHAT are you doing?!?" To which she responded, "It's a craft project, Mama. Don't be so silly." That was really just par for the course with her.

This also made me remember that when I was a kid, I had an unnatural affinity for coating my hands w/ glue, letting it dry, then peeling it off. Yeah, she gets the weird from me, and clearly it's a "nurture" trait
omg I love your kid! The ones that get into everything are always the fun ones! Once I laid my dd down for a nap and she got out of her crib, decided to play dress up and found a bottle of nail polish that fell into her dresser (I had no clue otherwise it wouldn't have been in there). She painted her whole body in nail polish. I cried. I had to soak her in a tub for hrs and it rubbed off easily after a while. I laugh every time I see those pictures.

Last edited by Mommyto2B2G; 03-28-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

.....at least it wasn't in her mouth?

Quote:

Wow, her and my DD would be a dangerous combo. My 5yo DD got a hole in her "sticky pants" (that's what she calls leggings) and I said they really weren't repairable and they had to go in the garbage. To which DD replied, "That's ok, you can go get another pair for me at the store tomorrow then."
Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheStars
.....at least it wasn't in her mouth?

Wow, her and my DD would be a dangerous combo. My 5yo DD got a hole in her "sticky pants" (that's what she calls leggings) and I said they really weren't repairable and they had to go in the garbage. To which DD replied, "That's ok, you can go get another pair for me at the store tomorrow then."
Ugh. That's how my DD responds about anything that she destroys. Drives me crazy!!

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote