Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need some encouragement. My teeth are awful. And I'm sad.

I have had 3 root canals and 6 or 7 teeth pulled, I have lost count. The teeth left in my mouth that don't have crowns are more filling than tooth.

And I did it all to myself, drinking a lot of soda, for a long time. A lot.

Where is the bad tooth? Can you just have it pulled instead of getting a root canal? Maybe with some extra anesthesia?

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry momma but ill trade places with you I've been harbouring antibiotic from my mom for about a year now because my teeth or badddddddddddd and I need a dentist bc my teeth are horrible and are absessed.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #13
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My mouth is a mess too. I went from having 4 fillings I got before I was 12 Years old to nothing till I was pregnant. And now my teeth are a mess. Pregnancy has killed them. I need to get into the dentist and get it all taken care of. I had some done before my last pregnancy buy now after my most recent one I've added more to the list. It makes me want to cry how much work I need done.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I admit I have never had a root canal. But I have had molars and wisdom out. The molars due to crumbling because of wisdom pushing on them. They said there was no way to save it. If the tooth is crumbling I don't get doing a root canal personally. I would get a second opinion.
I now officially hate Dentists(after my 2nd wisdom extraction) so I am with you there. I need to go to one but waiting til next tax season. I will need something to relax me because I litterally freak out now.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

I need a good bit of dental work done too. And I keep putting it off. Why???? Because I am embarrassed. I am embarrassed because I am a decent looking, intelligent, put together mama that has no issue taking all five of her kids anywhere she goes because they are well behaved enjoyable children, I can do almost anything, but I couldn't make myself go to the dentist and get the treatment I needed and so now, they are in bad shape. That is embarrassing! I hate that I let it get this bad.
Mine are all back teeth that some quack dentist filled when I was young. They have given me trouble ever since.
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Princess, I feel a similar sense of shame and embarrassment. I have a fear of judgement with authority anyway and I'm afraid of what a dentist will think of me.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did they evaluate the rest of your mouth?

I'm asking because you may want to think longer term. If you do not have the money to continue to do root canals and crowns, you may want to think longer term. We are in that position now with DH and his teeth and it sucks.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you perscription toothpaste? It has more floride than regular. My teeth are HORRIBLE too! I have to take some strong drugs before I go or else I'll have a panic attack right in the dentist chair.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Those of you that have taken drugs for anxiety, can you tell me what that was like? Were you lucid? How much wss it, and did your insurance cover it?
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgirl409 View Post
I need a good bit of dental work done too. And I keep putting it off. Why???? Because I am embarrassed. I am embarrassed because I am a decent looking, intelligent, put together mama that has no issue taking all five of her kids anywhere she goes because they are well behaved enjoyable children, I can do almost anything, but I couldn't make myself go to the dentist and get the treatment I needed and so now, they are in bad shape. That is embarrassing! I hate that I let it get this bad.
Mine are all back teeth that some quack dentist filled when I was young. They have given me trouble ever since.
This is how I feel. So very embarrassed about my teeth.

I also need extensive dental work done, and soon. I have one wisdom tooth that crumbled and is gone, or at least is mostly gone. I have another tooth that is only about half there now and it has been that way for about a year. Of course, I've been chewing on the other side exclusively, and now I have a cavity (at least) on that side. I am barely eating because it is too painful.

I have no dental insurance, so I'm going to have to call the local dental school. I'm terrified. There is nothing like being terribly afraid of the dentist and then having to put yourself in the hands of amateurs....

OP, big hugs to you.
mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote