Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need some encouragement. My teeth are awful. And I'm sad.

I had two like that, I had to have them extracted. You are so very lucky that you caught it before it started to hurt. Mine happened while I was pregnant and it was excruciating.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #22
aldermother
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just have to say you all are making me feel better, because now I know I am not alone! Just waiting for my dental insurance to start on the 1st, so I can go find out what the verdict is. I am terrified..not of the actual work that will probably need to be done, but the cost of it!
We're a CDing (potty-learned), co-sleeping (bunk beds), extended BFing (weaned), baby-wearing (big boy-wearing), non-circing, Waldorf loving, tree-hugging, hand-me-downs-welcome Earth friendly family!
PT preschool teacher& FT Mama to my beautiful tree & our little growing sapling
aldermother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #23
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

A big THANK YOU to all the mamas who commented to make me feel better

I have had a really, REALLY rough last 3-4 months. And it is just seeming to never stop. And I'm just frankly TIRED of things going wrong. I just want my life back. My boring life, with my regular boring routine...

(that was a bit dramatic, I'm sorry... but seriously, can I just have a good 6 months before something else breaks or happens? please?!... I'll take a week, just one week where nothing happens....)

Anyway, this morning I feel a bit better. ... slightly. I got about 6 hours of sleep last night and I feel WAY better rested. NOT looking forward to the dentist tomorrow. But, I'll go.

As far as doing something like implants, I know I eventually will have to do that. I just can't bring myself to do it emotionally and psychologically right now. I'm only 27 y/o. I just can't. Plus, I want to wait until I am not nursing, so they can put me under, rip them all out, and give me implants. Then it will just be over and done. I'll be in agony for a week or so and then all my teeth will be fake and I can just live a normal life without teeth falling apart in my mouth... Right now, though, I simply cannot bring myself to do it.

Thanks everyone. I do feel better.

Did I mention my FIL called this morning and is coming to our house to stay the night?! (he lives 3 states away and just shows up arbitrarily)

I have to go, my washing machine is error-ing out again. It's dying.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

I hate going to the dentist. I have considered having all my teeth removed just so I dont ever have to go back. What awful timing! I hope this is the last work you need for forever.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #25
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KaiMom* View Post
Can you perscription toothpaste? It has more floride than regular. My teeth are HORRIBLE too! I have to take some strong drugs before I go or else I'll have a panic attack right in the dentist chair.
Yes, I had the prescription toothpaste for a while. It was great; no cavities for 3? 4? years. Then I lost a filling (nobody's fault) & my dentist, whom I'd formerly loved, even though I bled money every time I went there, couldn't get me in for an emergency appointment for almost 2 weeks (it was not a small filling). I threw a hissy fit about customer service & haven't gone back. I was able to get in at DP's dentist (same day) about the lost filling, but I just didn't like them, KWIM? And they don't "believe in" the Rx stuff. So I haven't been back there, either, & I'm long overdue for a cleaning & exam.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #26
ralenth
Registered Users

I feel your pain. I had my first root canal, well the first part last week, then needed to go back today, and will need to do the crown in 2 weeks. Expensive, and not fun at all. Sorry
ralenth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #27
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

I also am super embarrassed!!! They hurt and are terrible and I finally went in for an emergency! I could only get in to my dentist frmo when I was young and I am feeling so bad for putting it off now!! He is so nice and chatty and gentle! Yes it is expensive and yes I still dread it because A LOT needs to be done but I feel so much better knowing I foud a good dentist(or refound ) I hope you have/find a good dentist and get it taken care of
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Bumping this up to check on you, op.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #29
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
Bumping this up to check on you, op.
Thanks so much, how sweet.

I got the root canal Friday. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, either.

Seems I chose an AMAZING dentist! He actually called me Friday night around 8:45pm to check on me and make sure I wasn't in any pain and that I was feeling okay. He also gives his personal number to all his patients in case they need some help or advice after a dental procedure! wow. First time I've been pleasantly surprised by a medical professional!

I go back April 8th to get X Rays and an exam, to make sure no more teeth are on the verge of falling apart. I am fairly sure I will need some pretty extensive work done, and I am NOT looking forward to hearing how bad my teeth are. BUT, I think it's better to fix them now, while we have dental insurance (at least the worst ones, anyway), than to wait until I am in agony...
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #30
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Thanks so much, how sweet.

I got the root canal Friday. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, either.

Seems I chose an AMAZING dentist! He actually called me Friday night around 8:45pm to check on me and make sure I wasn't in any pain and that I was feeling okay. He also gives his personal number to all his patients in case they need some help or advice after a dental procedure! wow. First time I've been pleasantly surprised by a medical professional!

I go back April 8th to get X Rays and an exam, to make sure no more teeth are on the verge of falling apart. I am fairly sure I will need some pretty extensive work done, and I am NOT looking forward to hearing how bad my teeth are. BUT, I think it's better to fix them now, while we have dental insurance (at least the worst ones, anyway), than to wait until I am in agony...
For sure mama! Not having dental insurance has been the main reason DH hasn't gotten needed work done.

SO glad you found what sounds like a great dentist

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote