Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is this normal for a 25-month-old? Or do I need to give DS away?

Cause he is driving me nuts.

He cries for EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.
He is getting a molar, but he's had some Motrin. He doesn't want to eat, everything I offer is refused. He was always picky, refusing table foods and only eating meat mixed with applesauce and oatmeal. Now he doesn't want those, and says no to everything I offer. He eats bananas and crackers now, and thats it. He wants to nurse all the time.

I'm going to lose my mind

Advertisement

Last edited by corinne76; 03-27-2013 at 08:05 PM.
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
Cause he is driving me nuts.

He cries for EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.
He is getting a molar, but he's had some Motrin. He doesn't want to eat, everything I offer is refused. He was always picky, refusing table foods and only eating meat mixed with applesauce and oatmeal. Now he doesn't want those, and says no to everything I offer. He eats bananas and crackers now, and thats it. He wants to nurse all the time.

I'm going to lose my mind
Wait, how old? And how long has he been doing this for? Could be teething, could be an ear infection (even with no fever) could be possible food allergies.. Is he pulling his legs up a lot, arching, ect?
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal for a 25-o-old? Or do I need to give DS away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum View Post
Wait, how old? And how long has he been doing this for? Could be teething, could be an ear infection (even with no fever) could be possible food allergies.. Is he pulling his legs up a lot, arching, ect?
he just made 2. He is getting a molar, and it's almost out. He has been tested for allergies at 1 and does have dairy, egg white and peanut allergies and he does not eat any of those.
No other weird behavior, just tons of tantruming
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Is this normal for a 25-month-old? Or do I need to give DS away?

Could be personality. My older son had tons of tantrums from an early age. He also ate very little. Like maybe 2-3 Tsp of solids a day by about 2 years of age. Because he ate very little he nursed a lot all day and all night. I was told to wean him to encourage increased consumption of solids. I was afraid to wean though. What would I do afterall if he continued to not eat. He now(9 years of age) eats fine, though he still isn't a big eater. If not hungry he will even refuse desert. He will even complain some deserts are too sweet.

As long as nothing is wrong with him I wouldn't worry unless new symptoms show up.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter will be 3 in June and she sounds exactly the same. She's been picky w food and has freak outs a lot. She has always been a high maintenance gal so i think its her personality.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS is 27 months old and this was him last week! He wasn't sleeping, didn't want anything but me. And if I didn't sit with him on the couch all...day...long, he was NOT happy. He got over it fairly quickly.

Is he normally like this for you? Or is this a rough patch? Everytime DS has a rough couple days (usually 3 or more) I convince myself that this is how he is always going to be, that his personality has changed permanently and that I will never do anything ever again. Then he snaps out of it and I realize how I was worried for nothing.

I think for them, it is a combination of not being able to effectively express their needs, coupled with the strong emotions that come with the age, AND the fact that they are really coming into themselves and know what autonomy is. I know DS is getting very good at voicing his displeasure over things.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
**rachel**
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum View Post

wait!! what does it mean when babies arch their back??
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #8
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

DS was 2 in January and the OP describes him last week. Exactly. He would point in his mouth and cry, and would let me just rub his bulging gums. It lasted a day or so.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip
DS is 27 months old and this was him last week! He wasn't sleeping, didn't want anything but me. And if I didn't sit with him on the couch all...day...long, he was NOT happy. He got over it fairly quickly.

Is he normally like this for you? Or is this a rough patch? Everytime DS has a rough couple days (usually 3 or more) I convince myself that this is how he is always going to be, that his personality has changed permanently and that I will never do anything ever again. Then he snaps out of it and I realize how I was worried for nothing.

I think for them, it is a combination of not being able to effectively express their needs, coupled with the strong emotions that come with the age, AND the fact that they are really coming into themselves and know what autonomy is. I know DS is getting very good at voicing his displeasure over things.
He's a little clingy when he's fussy, but he's normally not this bad. He's even been crying when i put him in the car. I dont think he's crying about anything, because if i reach over anf hold his hand, he usually stops. It has even made me consider turning him forwars facing, but i haven't done it.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is eactly 24 months. She has also become much more fussy lately. Ms. Independent has become snuggly, and wanting mommy all the time. She's also started falling apart when she doesn't get what she wants. Hoping this stage passes quickly!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote