Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dairy?

So the first half of my pregnancy I had HG and barely was able to eat. Now I'm 33 weeks and feeling much better, but it seems like my body cannot tolerate dairy like it did? Could this be pregnancy induced, I never got an upset stomach from drinking milk before?

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dairy?

I think it could be pregnancy induced. Tons of weird things happen during pregnancy with allergies, etc.

I was drinking chocolate milk every morning for most of this pregnancy (and my last pregnancy - I am lactose intolerant, but a small squirt of chocolate fixes it)

but lately, even the smell of milk on my daughter's breath makes my stomach turn. Smells nasty. I keep making DH smell the milk to make sure it's not gone bad, but I think my pregnancy nose just doesn't like it right now.

I try to eat yogurt for dairy instead. And cheese.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Ellasundies
Registered Users

Yes!
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
mommy2eli
Registered Users
seller

I have the exact same thing this pregnancy. I have never had issues with dairy before but at about 12 weeks (when morning sickness started to subside) I noticed a lot of bloating, discomfort, and alternating constipation and loose stools (sorry for tmi). My OB suggested to cut out dairy entirely and that did the trick. I can definitely tell when I cheat though. Regret it big time!
mommy2eli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've only recently been able to drink milk sometimes now. I just use almond milk or yogurt in my cereal. Milk gives me indigestion so badly, and really amplifies the bad taste in my mouth.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, I normally have mild lactose intolerance. With DS, it went away and I could have dairy np at all, and the kid is a HUGE dairy fiend. With DD, even a tiny bit of butter in a baked recipe would send me over the edge, it was a mess. Even yogurt which has mostly broken down lactose I could barely tolerate, and everything else had me on the toilet for days. She had huge problems with milk and I ended up having to stay dairy free while nursing her, she is now starting to outgrow it. This time I stayed pretty much at my normal level (able to tolerate small amounts, butter, dairy in baked goods, yogurt etc) and as the pregnancy has gone on I can tolerate less and less. I'm hoping it's me and not another protective mechanism for a dairy-intolerant babe.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
She had huge problems with milk and I ended up having to stay dairy free while nursing her, she is now starting to outgrow it. This time I stayed pretty much at my normal level (able to tolerate small amounts, butter, dairy in baked goods, yogurt etc) and as the pregnancy has gone on I can tolerate less and less. I'm hoping it's me and not another protective mechanism for a dairy-intolerant babe.
both of my kiddos so far are lactose intolerant and im allergic to wheat, so each time i have a baby it means at least two years without wheat or dairy while i nurse! :/

im cutting dairy out at week 32/33 in prep for the new baby, so that my milk can be nice and dairy-free by the time she's born.

thank god for coconut milk ice cream.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet View Post
both of my kiddos so far are lactose intolerant and im allergic to wheat, so each time i have a baby it means at least two years without wheat or dairy while i nurse! :/

im cutting dairy out at week 32/33 in prep for the new baby, so that my milk can be nice and dairy-free by the time she's born.

thank god for coconut milk ice cream.
Yuck. I'm wheat intolerant but not a full blown allergy thank goodness. Between dairy and other food aversions I let myself deal with the wheat yuckies so I could have something I wanted. Seriously the first tri I was just banging my head on the wall wishing for a darn saltine!
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
ginacushing
Registered Users

I've cut dairy completely, to help with my heartburn (present before pregnancy) and because I'm sure our son won't be able to handle it in my breastmilk as most babies can't. It's not fun but I don't miss it that much. More so, I don't crave it like I thought I would lol I miss ice cream and butter and anything with dairy =/ but my tastebuds don't seem to mind. We'll see....I may try introducing it slowly once we have a good bfing groove going to see how he reacts but until then, no dairy =/
ginacushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
leyash
Registered Users
seller

yup. i can't drink milk either. i have figured out that if i want cereal or something, i can put soy milk in it and i do okay.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote