Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #21
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Seriously I'm Just Pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
All state employees? Or just certain jobs? They don't do that here, at least not for the 2 different state jobs DH has had. I took it as a new request since she's been pregnant, not an update of something done as a condition of employment. And if the state is doing something ( generally not specifically) that violates rights then they should be sued.
I dont know if was all state jobs but all employees at the State Mental Hospital have too - I threw a fit because I did not want them to know about my bad heart but I needed the job.

Like I said before, they can request something again AFTER you see a doctor for anything that will affectt work - that is probably workers comp. complaining and not another department. I worked in the office and close to our workers comp. guy, they need certain things signed over and over and over for insruance - think medical insruace (They are SOOOO hard to deal with!).

Advertisement

CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

they don't need an entire medical file for a pregnancy though.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
urbanalbino
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Woah that's crazy. I've never heard of an employer asking for complete medical history?? That is completely inappropriate imo.
urbanalbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #24
amholb0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
I think it depends though, what her job is requesting may not be out of line. I had a STATE job and had to have a physical and a letter of all medical records. It was a job at a State Mental Hospital - some of the residents try to kill you - no joke. You need to be healty and able to hold them off without hurting them. There are certain women residents who try to KILL your baby if they know you are pregnant. Once you show you are not allowed around them...

If her working conditions are not up to code then yes that needs to be addressed but a physical and medical record could be nessisary when dealing with chemicals that could do harm. Would you want someone that is hearing voices playing with things that can blow up a whole block?! Probably not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
I was assuming that they did when they hired her and she now has to update it - when I had heart surgery I needed to redo all paperwork (medical wise) to go back to work because of workers comp. requirements. If that is not the case then it would be totally differant - the OP never stated what she had to do when she was hired...
I had a very through medical evaluation before I was hired. I have no problem filling out forms or having my doctor answer specific questions. My problem is giving them complete access to my medical records when 1) they can't or won't tell me what they are looking for and 2) in the release form they state that they are not responsible for keeping my information private. I have even offered to set up a phone conference between the corporate medical director, myself, and my doctor. I see no reason why they need to talk to my doctor outside of my presence, neither does my doctor.

Thanks for all the feed back. Hopefully I will hear back from the lawyer today, she said she was going to do a little research into the law governing pregnancy this morning.

amholb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #25
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

yeah sounds like a couple different issues

Original OSHA issues that are affecting every employee...shouldn't that stuff be publically posted (like binders and stuff?)

Then the Pregnancy issues with needing the specific hood....I mean seriously how hard would it be to put one in?...or heck....just let you do the work you were requesting to do...duh!

And now the stand-off with the medical records...I think this might be a ploy to get you to walk away...and that is HUGE! Stick to your guns and get this figured out/fixed....I hate when companies mess wiht employees cause they think "it doesn't matter"

Sorry

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #26
lepidoptera
Registered Users
seller

Call OSHA! Definitely sounds like they are not complying.
lepidoptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #27
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Keep track of EVERYTHING! Every nuanced conversation every e-mail every attempt you make to be provided reasonable accommodations to do your work. This is how I got fired. They had me jump through hoops and things got weirder and weirder and then I was fired. I didn't have the money for a lawyer and because I hadn't kept records I had no case the EEOC was willing to work on. Be careful. If you have a funny feeling it is probably with good reason.