Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ebay item not recieved

DH bought a small item on eBay. He checked their DC listing on Friday only to see they were claiming it was delivered Thursday. Someone was home all day Thursday, and it wasn't in the mail box. The "tracking" shows the proper city. He didn't purchase insurance.

Anyway, from what I understand, since its listed as delivered, its on DH to take it up with the post office, yes? What's the best way to go about that? I couldn't find a place to do that online.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ebay item not recieved

PO won't tell you anything. They can only see the same info you see, that the item was scanned as delivered.

There's a chance it was delivered to a wrong address (do you often have delivery issues - for example you live on a street that has North, East, West, South sections, or "Ln" and "Way" getting mixed up etc? In that case, often it will find its way back to you within a few days.

Ask the seller to please forward you his paypal shipping receipt - most eBay sellers ship using paypal so they would have that email, even if it's in their trashcan. If he no longer has it, tell him to send you a screenshot of the eBay page under the "Shipping labels" that shows where he shipped your item to. This will ensure that he did ship to the correct address.

If the item was very expensive, I might consider the rare scenario in which the seller scams the buyer by shipping a dummy package to another address in the same zip code to be able to claim the item was delivered. But you said it was "small" by which I assume you mean it was inexpensive.
expaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
You could also ask your mailman directly if they recall seeing one or leaving one for you. Sometimes they scan them in when they stick them in the truck, and then they fall by the wayside.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote