Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #151
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 31st - APRIL 6th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Awww. Im sorry but im glad you've made it soo far!! I was gipped outta a whole week......my last pregnancy i miss it already.

Mw came for our 1 week visit. Ben weighs 8.2lb, up from 7.11lb
I keep telling myself that - this is my last pregnancy and I know I will really miss it when Hiccup is here and outta my belly - the big belly, the kicks and shoves (even though they're painful at this point!). So I keep reminding myself that I really just wanna soak up every last day here, no matter how many or few that may be!

Good growing Bennett!!!

AFM: I'm gonna scream right now. FIL didn't come at all today, so the room isn't finished being painted - which means it'll be Friday at the earliest that they'll start the flooring. I had wanted this to be done in the week of spring break. It should be done and rooms and kids should be moved around. Instead, they're taking their time. And driving me crazy.
To top off that, DH put the boys' booster seats in his car (I assume anyways, they're not in the van or the garage). I got myself and all the kids ready and shoved out the door to go to gymnastics... only to find no seats, so we couldn't go anyways.

I think I'm gonna leave for town when DH gets home. I just don't want to be here right now.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #152
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had an appt today. No news. My parents are driving down Saturday so I will be more at ease once they get here.

Last edited by dagmomma; 04-03-2013 at 04:51 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #153
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
appt this morning.. very uneventful. 39+ and I'm measuring 35. The last measurement they have on file for me is 36, but since the dr totally didn't measure me last week, I'm wondering if he just made that up and wrote it in my chart. A little weirded out.. but whatever.

and even weirder that her first baby was born so similarly to my first baby... it's like the twilight zone
My fundal height always goes down at the end when the baby drops, so maybe that's what it is. So funny about the same birth experiences; maybe you will be sooner than you think! And quick! Almost everyone seems to have had very fast births on here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
AFM: I'm gonna scream right now. FIL didn't come at all today, so the room isn't finished being painted - which means it'll be Friday at the earliest that they'll start the flooring. I got myself and all the kids ready and shoved out the door to go to gymnastics... only to find no seats, so we couldn't go anyways.

I think I'm gonna leave for town when DH gets home. I just don't want to be here right now.
That sounds like a rough day! You should get out when DH gets home; get away from the stress for a bit!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #154
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ugh. Groceries. We've picked up a few things the past couple weeks (like juice or milk) but I haven't actually gotten groceries in 2.5 weeks I'll have to go tomorrow or Friday. Blech.
I keep sending DH for little pick-up items too....we haven't been on a full trip in at least that long as well. And our food budget is starting to show all this eating out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
My dr is firm about not inducing, I am a little jealous TBH of those that will! It is a traditional OB but seems to be an interesting mix of natural and standard practice. They really believe inductions are statistically bad for vbacs as well as even just normal birth. So I have to wait till 42 wks before they will try anything. Which is fine...I guess....lol
42 wks?...you have to fight tooth and nail to go 8 days over in my area, so that's awesome that they give you that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I would be going nuts still doing clothes! I had a totally ridiculous amount for DS so I went through them this summer. Had a big garage sale and donated the rest to an organization that helps clothe foster kids when the stipend isn't given on time or isn't enough.
That sounds like a great organization.....is it just a local thing in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Jut found out my dr is going out of town tomorrow for over a week. So if I have this baby any time in the next week, I will have a dr I have never met. I left a message for my dr to call me so I can get an idea of what this will change. Sure hope this on call dr is comfortable delivering me in the tub since that has been the plan since the beginning. Baby could wait a couple more weeks to come and it be a moot point, but I at least want to know what I expect if baby does come in the next week. I am sad about the idea of a different dr.
I have that issue every-other weekend. My OB's rotate weekends with another practice. I had a Dr. that I knew, but hadn't seen my whole pregnancy with DD. Hoping that if I go on a weekend again it's one of my own. Oh well if not, they really don't "do" that much anyway.

Quote:
Have a good kid-free weekend! I'm dying to do something with DH, just the 2 of us. I had been hoping that over spring break we'd have a date night or something, but that obviously didn't happen. Instead, we did nothing but the renos I'd just like one more dinner-and-movie or something before Hiccup comes, kwim?

It's how they calculate how successful an induction would be - or, at least, how they should do it! It should always be figured out before attempting an induction. I mean, if it's a non-medical-reason one, kwim?
here's a couple links that explain the scoring and whatnot - one two
I want a date too!!

You always give the neatest links. Thanks!

Quote:
I'm so jealous of Erin first baby, due a week after me, and all ready with the plug and cramping and bloody show!!!
Me too. She's due 3 days before me AND this is my third AND they've been expecting this baby for weeks. Now that we're in the "safe zone" he's decided to camp out I guess. Not that I think he should come now or earlier, but it's just frustrating when they're saying anytime and then the baby just waits it out. Also makes me feel like that four weeks of bedrest was ridiculous. Just wish I knew when for sure, bc I'm SO uncomfortable......sorry for the whining! I feel such mom guilt ab this stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
appt this morning.. very uneventful. 39+ and I'm measuring 35. The last measurement they have on file for me is 36, but since the dr totally didn't measure me last week, I'm wondering if he just made that up and wrote it in my chart. A little weirded out.. but whatever.
I wouldn't worry ab it if he didn't measure you last time.....probably made it up to cover his own butt.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #155
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah.. I'm not worried about the loss of height.. more wondering if he wrote in a false measurement :P
Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #156
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I keep telling myself that - this is my last pregnancy and I know I will really miss it when Hiccup is here and outta my belly - the big belly, the kicks and shoves (even though they're painful at this point!). So I keep reminding myself that I really just wanna soak up every last day here, no matter how many or few that may be!

I got myself and all the kids ready and shoved out the door to go to gymnastics... only to find no seats, so we couldn't go anyways.
I need to remember that too. We take one at a time and this could be my last as well. Who knows? DH keeps telling me to enjoy having two kids, bc soon we will have three. I know I should be soaking up the time with them, but in the moment it's just hard to bc I just feel like crap most of the time. I struggle with the guilt of wanting this baby in for his safety and wanting him out for my peace of mind and comfort. I feel so selfish. I think God is trying to teach my not to judge other moms who talk ab wanting their babies out b4 the due date. I completely get it now, but not before this. Early on I was adamant ab no induction b4 41 wks and many other things, now I have changed my tune ab so much.

That would be frustrating even if you weren't pregnant. Sorry.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #157
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
I struggle with the guilt of wanting this baby in for his safety and wanting him out for my peace of mind and comfort. I feel so selfish. I think God is trying to teach my not to judge other moms who talk ab wanting their babies out b4 the due date. I completely get it now, but not before this. Early on I was adamant ab no induction b4 41 wks and many other things, now I have changed my tune ab so much.
I think that's why I had those contractions and pressure and then poof - nothing.
Because now I can see how so many women get excited and then disappointed.

God is always trying to teach me things.. it gets old
I guess I should feel special since instruction means I'm loved, right?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #158
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to mention that I am gbs -! I thought for sure I would be this time bc everyone else seemed to be. I thought my luck would run out. So I am excited I have one less thing to worry about on my hour and a half ride to the hospital! Keep baby inside until get to the hospital is all I need to think about lol!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #159
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

The foster clothing organization was started by someone I know who fosters locally, so yes, currently it is a local organization although they have sent clothes overseas so would probably be open to outside areas in need.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #160
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I only missed being pregnant with DS for a little while, my belly was so quiet it was weird and a little sad not to feel him in there.

But I am really not a happy pregnant person. It gives me horrific acid reflux that makes me gag and my throat burn badly, I get really bad migraines, and I get dizzy/weak easily. To top it off, I also get pregnancy rhinitis so I am on rhinocort prescription nose spray for that.

Nothing life threatening but just day to day misery, mostly the acid burn in my throat. Pepcid is a godsend and milk is soothing for it so I drink a TON of milk, a gallon a day some days because everything else causes intense burning. I am so sick of drinking milk!!! So I won't miss this. It was all gone instantly when DS1 was born. I am very thankful for that.